SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Strawberry, Banana and Mango Smoothie- 1 Points Plus- Recipe Week 4

112711 008

Ingredients:

  • 1 Banana
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mango
  • 1/3 cup light vanilla yogurt
  • 1 cup of crushed ice
  • 1 Tbs. Splenda (optional)

Directions:

  1. Put the banana in the blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Add the strawberries and the mango, one at a time, until smooth.
  3. Add the yogurt and blend.
  4. Add the crushed ice and blend until it is a smooth consistency.
  5. If needed, add a little Splenda for sweetener.

I use frozen strawberries and mango to make my smoothie. It also makes it extra creamy if you use a frozen banana! I put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds before adding them to the blender to soften them up a bit. This makes one smoothie for 1 Points Plus. Enjoy!

If you are questioning how I counted the points for this, please visit my post on the WW Online Recipe Builder. As always, you are free to count points however you wish- this is just my way of doing it and what works for me.

16 comments :

  1. Mmm, I've made this before, but with almond milk instead of yogurt. Very delicious. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice suggestion on the frozen banana. I've always just put fresh ones in before. I'll try it with frozen! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good - hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious. I'll def be putting strawberries and mangoes on my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This smoothie does sound good, and I'd definitely leave out the sucralose. I usually add spinach to all my smoothies. And yes, the frozen banana makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Yum. YUM! See, this is why free fruit is heaven-sent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyy gorgeous. The winner for my OBOL giveaway fell through so I drew again and got your name! :]

    Please send me your address as soon as possible

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I suck that through the computer screen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a word....yum!!!!! Isn't it great that smoothies are so low point on the PointsPlus program?? Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been living on your Green smoothie for 2 weeks now!! I'm so excited to try this one, I'm going to have it TODAY!!! Thanks for sharing (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, this one isn't green, so I could probably handle drinking it. LOL I've printed it for future reference. Thanks Alissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adding this to my list of smoothies, too!!! Yummmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green smoothie for 2 weeks now!! I'm so excited to try this one, I'm going to have it TODAY!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...