SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 7, 2011

Packing Away the Plus Size Clothes

It’s FINALLY FRIDAY!! I can’t really, honestly say FINALLY because this week has FLOWN by- but I was still glad the best day of the work week arrived!

I had a bigger breakfast this morning which included a Cinnamon Raisin English muffin (with a little Brummel and Brown Yogurt Spread), 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup blackberries and 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

1711 002

It was DELISH and really filling. A great way to start my day!

Sometimes I don’t understand the WW points system. The Brummel & Brown yogurt spread has 5 gm fat, and 0 Carbs, Protein and Fiber in 1 Tbs. How is that 1 point? And even if you use a 1/2 serving- it still says 1 point. That doesn’t make sense to me. I counted that point- but I think that’s over doing it a little bit. I still wish the new WW tracker would let me track .5 points, but it doesn’t.

On my first break, I had a green smoothie. This time it was made of 2 oranges and 1 cup spinach. I had to use the Greek yogurt again- 2 points. Still yummy!

1711 003

I also had 12 almonds for 2 points.

1711 004

Right before lunchtime, I was asked if I wanted the rest of the day off- Yahoo!! I was pretty happy about that, and Hubby told me to enjoy my time off- so all was well! Smile

For lunch, I toasted 2 slices of light wheat bread and made a sandwich of chicken breast, avocado, tomato and Swiss cheese for 7 points.

1711 005

I decided to tackle the big project of finally going through my closet and boxing up the clothes that no longer fit. We are going to have a garage sale this spring- so starting to sift through my packed closets is a good idea. And it took a long time! I had to try on most of it because I haven’t worn many of the clothes for a long time. I found a lot of clothes that I’ve been thinking were too tight- so I have new clothes to wear! Smile I couldn’t believe how much I boxed up- and that’s just in my closets! I’m hoping that I can make a good amount of money at the garage sale to use to buy some new clothes that fit.

1711 008

I took a break while getting that together and ate an apple with 1 Tbs. PB for 3 points. I think I would eat just about anything if it was dipped in peanut butter. Winking smile

1711 007

I was so hungry later on in the afternoon, I decided to eat a light cheese stick for 2 points. It’s always good to get your dairy in, ladies! You want strong bones. Smile

1711 011

Hubby and I headed to Panera Bread for supper and I had my usual You Pick 2- Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Asian Sesame Chicken salad and whole grain baguette for 13 points.

1711 012

Hubby had a MyPanera reward for a free Sweet/Pastry. We were planning on splitting his pick for dessert. I took a tiny bite of my half and decided it just wasn’t worth the calories- if I’m going to use weekly points and indulge in something it’s going to be TASTY! So I didn’t eat my half. I’ll call that  NSV. Making a choice not to just shove something in your mouth just because it’s there is a big step! Smile

After that we ran a few errands. I got a new Biggest Loser workout DVD that I can’t wait to try tomorrow!

We stopped at Culver’s for dessert. I planned on using some weekly points tonight, so I had a 1 scoop vanilla sundae with hot fudge and bananas for 10 points. I feel like this is worth 10 weekly points- it was delicious!

1711 014

I ended up using 14 weekly points tonight and I still have 20 left- so I’m doing well! Smile 

Do you have any plans for the weekend? Hubby and I are going to take it easy. I want to get some cleaning done and another workout or two in. I will start to get my things ready for school next week. Stay tuned for a recipe this weekend! Have a great weekend!

15 comments :

  1. Awesome!! Doesn't it feel great to give away your too big clothes? :) I'm so proud of you! No big plans for us this weekend. We're supposed to get snow, but since we get it about once a year, I'll believe it when I see it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the NSV and the clothes! It feel great to get rid of some of the "baggage".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great accomplishment getting rid of your plus sized clothing!!! Don't you feel like a ROCK STAR??? You should! You are doing amazing, Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that is a "whole lotta" clothes that don't fit anymore. What a win/win situation it'll be...you'll sell them, and someone else will get good use out of them! You are such an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that fantastic about the clothing. Yeah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many terrific things in this post. Panera and NSV, getting rid of plus sized clothes, eating on plan. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow look at all those clothes you've grown out of! Amazing! I too could eat anything dipped in PB - favorite. Your culvers and panera look great! Hope you have a great weekend. - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily for me, we have a shop near my home where they make alterations to clothes. I took in my big size clothes to this shop on Thursday and now they are going to make it smaller for me = saving on money for clothing. I can't wait to wear my favorite clothing again in a smaller size :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go. Quite a few accomplishments!
    I love panera. Glad you used your points on a dessert you enjoyed!
    nothing exciting here this weekene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Culvers picture is killing me!! I wish I were focused enough to take pictures of each meal. It has to make all the difference! And I always appreciate the meal ideas. I have you to think for my bread, peanut butter and banana obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if you have any consignment shops where you live, but I've had better luck getting rid of my "big" clothes there... Then, I earn money to purchase "little" clothes... A fun way to recycle :)

    We don't have a Culver's in NC, but that looks tasty! Thanks for sharing your recipes! I enjoy seeing other people's meals -- helps gives me new options when I'm in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think of all that SPACE your closet is gonna have now!
    Which TBL DVD did you get? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almonds are one of my favorite snacks ever, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! It's not easy to stick to a weight loss plan, I had tried and failed so many times before I finally got myself down to my current size - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...