SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 20, 2010

Fried Chicken- WHAT?!

I hope that you all had a great weekend! Mine was good- but it just went too fast. On Saturday, we had a potluck w/ hubby’s extended family. I did a really good job with my eating and was right on track. I was very proud of myself! I even woke up early on Saturday morning and ran 2 miles to make sure I was in the right mind set for the potluck- because those can be dangerous!

On Sunday, hubby’s parents took us out for lunch to a small town restaurant. I was pretty upset because I wanted to make healthy choices. I saw broasted chicken on the menu and thought, “Hey, that sounds healthy.” Unfortunately, I was thinking it would be like rotisserie chicken- but it was FRIED CHICKEN. I ordered the most UNHEALTHY thing on the menu. You can about imagine my horror when the waitress plopped that plate down in front of me. I was even more upset because before ordering I asked my in-law's if it was fried or greasy, and they said, “Oh no, not at all- it’s really good!” So I was a little miffed at my choice, but it was my own fault for not knowing what it was. The only good thing was that I took all of the skin off and had about 2 bites of chicken left. And I ate a baked potato and broth based soup. So overall, I didn’t eat many points. But now I know what broasted chicken is and it certainly ISN’T HEALTHY! Winking smile

The good news is this is a short work week!

For breakfast this morning, I had a slice of light wheat toast topped with 1/2 cup of egg beaters and a Queso Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge mixed in. I also had 1 cup of 1% milk and a banana for a total of 6 points.

122010 001

It started snowing as I was working this morning- made me very happy that I work from home now!

For my first break, I had 2 Cuties Clementines for 0 points.

122010 002

I was feeling hungry a couple of hours later- so I had a Laughing Cow Babybel light for 1 point. This was my first time having these and it was really good!

122010 003

For lunch, I had a grilled tuna/cheese sandwich on light bread, Food Should Taste Good The Works Chips, and a cup of chicken broth for 9 points.

122010 004

For dessert, I had 1 cup of grapes with Cool Whip Free on top for 0 points.

122010 005

For my last break, I was in serious need of a cup of coffee. I was having trouble thinking straight and very complex questions and math to do! So I had coffee w/ eggnog creamer for 2 points.

122010 006

After work I was just not feeling well. I had a headache all day long and it just wasn’t going away. So my plan to run after work was out the window. If I exert myself with a headache (migraine) it will only get worse. So I just took it easy and relaxed.

For supper, I baked pork loin chops and made a peachy mustard sauce to put on top. I also made a pasta salad. All of this for a total of 9 points.

122010 007

For dessert, I had a Fit & Active Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream sandwich. It was a nice sweet treat but nothing amazing. 4 points.

122010 008

I am finally learning how to plan my days on the new WW plan to still have some points leftover for a good supper and snacks in the evening if I want them. I have 3 points leftover. I think that the protein in the morning is at least helping with my hunger up until about lunch time- so I think that helps keep some of the points values down with snacking before lunch. I also think it helps if I eat less points for breakfast, because I seem to want to eat more later on in the day. My weight has still been up, it has not dropped at all over the week. I’m hoping for the best come weigh in day on Wednesday and I know I am not doing anything that I shouldn’t be doing. I’m hoping this is just something that my body is going through and all of the sudden the weight will drop off again.

Hubby and I are going to spend the night relaxing. I can’t wait.

Don’t forget to enter the Cuties giveaway!! I am surprised that more people haven’t entered yet!

6 comments :

  1. Glad to hear that the new WW plan is getting easier for you! That must really be making you feel SO much better and more relaxed.

    And grapes with whip? I've gota get some soy whip and grapes and try it your way - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I LOLed at the broasted chicken because the same exact thing happened to me!

    I went to a place for takeout and ordered broasted chicken thinking it would be roasted/broiled. Got it home and it was fried! I thought they got the order wrong, but not. I was pissed, too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food always looks good.
    And I always say that.
    But it really really does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you are getting the hang of the new program, it'll start coming off again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Anne.. I wanna come have dinner at YOUR house!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting to like the new plan. (and I LOVE your snowman mug!!) If I saw the word "broasted" I would assume it was either "roasted" or "broiled" or a combination of both. GRRRR that it was fried! Hang in, I KNOW the weight will drop off again soon!!! Have a GREAT day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...