SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 10, 2010

Finally Friday and Questions about Me

Whoohoo! Finally Friday!!

For breakfast this morning, I had a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

121010 001

I just can’t stay away from my peanut butter and banana toast! Smile

The morning working went well. I had a customer that was just so impressed with me and he had to tell my boss about me. He said I was an amazing person- and well, that just made me feel really good! I treat all customers the same, but most just don’t care. So that was really nice of him. Smile Be nice to people in customer service- put yourself in their shoes. A lot of people don’t do that and it makes for a really, really long day. We try our best (most of us)!

For my first break, I had 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt with a sliced banana and Lori’s Almond Joy Granola for 4 points.

121010 002

I haven’t been eating the granola because it’s so delicious I can’t stay out of it. lol. I checked the points and WW is saying it’s 1 point for 1/4 serving? That doesn’t make sense to me because I thought it was higher than that before...hmmm. I have no way of checking that either, so I counted what I had as 2 points.

A little after 10:30, I got to quit work for the day! Yay! They call it V time, volunteer time. You can leave, but you don’t get paid. I was so happy to start my weekend early! But I wanted to make sure that I accomplished some things if I was going to quit work for the day, so I made a list of things that I wanted to get done. I am all about lists. I make lists for EVERYTHING!

121010 005

Ok, so maybe cleaning the entire house was a little lofty of a goal. Winking smile

For lunch, I had a Boca burger on a sandwich thin with a little light mayo, ketchup, FF American Cheese, tomato and lettuce. I also had a 1/2 serving of Sweet Potato fries all for a total of 10 points.

121010 003

I waited a little while to have dessert. I made SF/FF Chocolate pudding in the blender- I forgot how much better it tastes when made that way! 2 points.

121010 004

While I wrapped hubby’s birthday presents, I sipped on the last of my Gevalia Pumpkin Spice coffee and the last of the Pumpkin Spice Creamer- weird that they both ran out at the same time! 2 points.

121010 006

I spent the afternoon accomplishing a lot of things, but relaxing in between. I cleaned the entire downstairs of the house: The kitchen, bathroom, living room, entryway and my office. I mentioned I wrapped hubby’s gifts. I did laundry, unloaded, reloaded and unloaded the dishwasher. Got the garbage together, fed the cats, put laundry away, and cleaned out our bathroom closet. How in the world did all of these shoes end up in the bathroom closet?

121010 007

I also started thinking about New Years Resolutions. I really want to run an official 5k every month for the entire year, but that just gets too expensive. I’m not sure what I’ll do, but I want to set at least one fitness goal. Are you starting to think about your goals for the coming year?

Once hubby got home, we headed out for supper at Subway where I had a 6” Oven Roasted Chicken breast sub, 1/2 bag of Baked Lays, and 1 M&M cookie for a total of 16 points.

121010 010

Hubby needed some new boots for winter, so we stopped at a store and I browsed. I found a pair of size 18 jeans, tried them on and they FIT! Not only did they FIT, but none of that weirdness of being too big in the waist! I bought them, mostly because they were $48 jeans on clearance for $11.50 and wow…size 18! Last year at this time I wore size 24 jeans…that’s a big change!

Speaking of, hubby and I were shopping last weekend, and we were in Gap. I saw this really cute comfy hoodie that was WAY cheap and I looked at it and thought it looked too small so I put it back… and then I grabbed it again and decided I would at least try it on. AND IT FIT! This hoodie makes me so happy. Soon, I will be able to shop TOTALLY in normal stores. SOON I’ll be able to wear cute, cute clothes. This hoodie represents a HUGE NSV for me! I always wanted to shop at Gap, but could never find anything that fit me.

121010 009

We went to see the movie Morning Glory. It was actually a really funny movie and we both enjoyed it. The place was practically empty tonight- it’s usually packed! I snacked on 1/2 bag of Caramel Glazed popcorn for 8 points. Worth every point. I love this stuff.

121010 011

I ended the day using 18 weekly points. I still have quite a few left, so all is good!

We are in for a snowstorm tomorrow- so we’re looking forward to a day at home! Have a great weekend!

I was tagged by CJ to answer some questions, so here goes!

1. What would you say to someone just starting out on a weight loss journey?

Be patient with yourself. Celebrate every small victory you make. From losing .2 lb, to drinking enough water, to choosing something healthy over something unhealthy, to being able to wear a piece of clothing you haven’t worn in a long time, to taking a walk, to running a marathon. Every step in the right direction is an accomplishment. Give yourself credit where credit is due. Losing weight is not a race. Remember the overall journey, don’t just look at the bumps in the road- you’ll pass over them!

2. What is your passion? The thing that you absolutely love doing, that is not necessarily, but can be, related to your job or role in a family?

I don’t know if this counts, but I really love blogging. I love writing so much, but don’t take the time to do it enough, probably because I’m so busy with school and work. I love being engrossed in what I’m writing and not even realizing that an hour has passed. I love that feeling of accomplishment of finishing something I’ve written.

3. If money and time (or any other obstacles) were not an issue, how would you spend a week (or even a weekend) that you had to yourself (and who would you spend it with, if anyone)?

I would travel is Greece. It looks so beautiful and I’d love to see the ruins. I love to travel and I have never been out of Northern America.  I would love to do this with hubby!

4. What has been your most satisfying moment so far on this journey?

The first time I ran a mile without stopping. The pure joy that I felt of accomplishing something that had been such a struggle my entire life. And then realizing that I could go even further…

14 comments :

  1. WooHoo on the new clothes! How awesome is that?!
    I was just thinking of next year's races today. I'll be blogging about ti soon, too!
    ~Jessica
    http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I can't wait until I can shop in skinny stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy day - and look at how cute you look!
    Your smile is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for all those NSV's!! Congrats!! You look wonderfully cute in the hoodie :D!!

    I am yet to make the resolutions. But I know I'll make one fitness goal than just lose weight goals unlike last year.

    Good luck with making them..If possible share them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad someone treated you nice on the phone AND that you got off early! Sounds like a good day. You look great in your new sweatshirt! Good job on all the hard work getting there. Your to-do list looked like too much cleaning to me! :) I like your idea of a 5K every month. Would be fun. - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....what an uber productive day!!! The hoodie looks FANTASTIC, and love the "getting to know you answers". Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food always looks amazing! And I love that Gap hoodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness - you need to slow down because you're wearing me out. LOL! Big congrats on the new clothes! You look wonderful! I'm so very proud of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super busy busy gal!! loving the new clothes, I should try those sweet potatoe fries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your weight loss! Sounds like a very successful shopping trip. I love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a GREAT sale on the jeans, and glad to hear about the size! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great- and SO happy!! I can't wait until I'm forever out of the plus side of the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think you have visited my blog for a while so going to leave a suggestion here.

    I did this New WW program...a year ago we got it and I gained weight....if you find the same at some point, check the sugar in your foods of choice and remember banana is the highest fruit in sugar...Vanilla yogurt has sugar...Ketcup, mayo...check the labels as well..sugar prevents weight loss...
    Just a tip!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...