SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve in Review

Today was the day of all days to sleep in and I woke up at 5:10- I know! I was just too excited for the Holiday to begin! SmileI woke up to the sounds of my Dad getting ready for work- brought back memories of not that long ago when I was just a little girl, living at home.

I got up for a while and read some blogs. I tried to go back to sleep but Hubby and I just couldn’t, so we finished watching Date Night which had such a cute ending. Smile

For breakfast, I had a slice of light wheat toast topped with 1/2 cup of egg beaters. I also had a banana and a cup of 1% milk for 5 points total.

122410 037

I love my Mom’s centerpiece- so pretty!

122410 036

Hubby drove my Mom and I around so we could do some shopping. I actually like the Goodwill in this town, they have a lot of really nice things, brand names, and some of the clothes are brand new with tags still on them! I got a nice short sleeve sweater that I LOVE for $3.99! I’ll have to get a picture of it when I wear it.

When we came home, I snacked on 2 Cuties Clementines for 0 points.

122410 001

Mom and I had a healthy lunch ready when Dad got home from work. We had a nice healthy salad with just a bit of a 26 calorie Poppy Seed Salad dressing for 0 points.

122410 002

I also had a deli turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato (THE BEST tomatoes I’ve had since summer time) and light mayo. Along with a side of 1/2 a roasted sweet potato for 8 points.

122410 003

For dessert, I had a Skinny Cow Strawberry Shortcake ice cream sandwich. I have never had these and this was SO good. 4 points.

122410 005

After that, my Mom and I did a little more shopping and stopped at Starbucks for a Tall Skinny Caramel Latte for 2 points.

122410 007

Hubby and my Dad tackled trying to fix my laptop which hasn’t been working right since I dropped it.

122410 012

I have to admit, I was pretty nervous!

122410 010

They pretty much took the whole thing apart, didn’t find anything broken, and reassembled it and now it’s working just fine- weird! But I’m so glad it seems to be fixed! THANK YOU!

I snacked on a banana while waiting for supper for 0 points.

122410 013

For supper, I had 2 slices of Papa Murphy’s Veggie DeLite pizza and a veggie medley for 9 points.

122410 014

For dessert, I had 2 pieces of HG “fudge” for 2 points.

122410 016

After that, my Dad and I shoveled the driveway. I wore my heart rate monitor and burned 125 calories in less than 20 minutes- I forgot what a great workout shoveling snow is!

122410 019

Mom and me:

122410 023

And then we all headed out to see the Festival of Lights.

122410 027

122410 028

122410 030

122410 029

I was really hungry later on in the evening, so I had a 100 calorie Kettle corn for 3 points.

122410 034

And 3 whole wheat crackers topped with turkey for 3 points.

122410 035

That puts me at using 2 weekly points! I’m very proud of my choices today and how well I did. My Mom and Dad are both trying to eat healthier- so that has helped a ton. Thanks so much, Mom!

Now my Dad and I are going to watch a documentary on manufacturers in America- should be interesting! SmileI might snack on some fruit because for some reason I’m really hungry tonight, but I don’t want to use any more points.

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas Eve!

9 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a great time
    and the machine /computer survived as well!
    My RSS didn't update and I missed you!
    I was frantic. *sigh of relief*
    Oh, yeah, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here, just fog. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun pictures!!! Glad you are having a good time. And lucky you...you have two "live in" techies!!! Look forward to your Christmas recap!!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! You did an amazing job with your food - bravo to you! I need to channel me some of that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That roasted sweet potato looks awesome!
    And that's a lot of snow! :) Glad you're ahving sucha great time with your family. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was Christmas Eve? Wow. That wasn't unlike a typical Friday. You are rocking the points.

    I envy your ability to eat fudge and Skinny Cows with restraint. I lack the restraint.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Gorgeous. Look and you and a healthy Christmas eve. This time that I am at my parents is definitely FAR from being healthy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas hon! I'm loving the pictures! Isn't Skinny Cow ice cream delish? :) *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...