SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Weigh in day

Today was weigh in day and it wasn’t good. I basically gained a couple of pounds the day after weigh in and maintained that all week, only to have another jump in my weight this morning. Total gain of 3 lbs.

As terrible as that sounds, I don’t think it will stick around. Here’s why:

Over the course of last week, I have progressively gotten better. At first, I still didn’t track. I had every intention to but never got it done.

On Monday night I had a bit of a break down and a talk with hubby. I realized that I am absolutely miserable. I hate myself and that pours over into other areas of my life. So that means I am certainly not comfortable where I’m at.

That brings a new motivation to this. Something that I seemed to have lost along the way. I DO THIS FOR ME. I do it to feel good about myself. Because I am happier when I’m on track.

Tuesday and Wednesday were good days. The days are progressively getting better. I started tracking. And today I plan to continue that.

As I’ve mentioned before, I have been a bit MIA because I have been overwhelmingly busy. But, I’ve been struggling with that and having to go into the office every day for work. I’m finally settling into a routine and setting healthy habits in my new schedule.

I am packing my lunch bag FULL of healthy foods. Fruits, veggies, and even a 2 point granola bar if I start to feel a sweets craving—better that than a 6 point cookie, right?! I also bought Starbucks instant coffee to keep in my desk to drink. This often keeps me from snacking. As always, I have continued to drink lots and lots of water. The past few days my goal has been to eat the RIGHT foods, even if I went over my points a bit.

Now it’s time to move to the next level with it being the beginning of my WW week again. I will eat the right foods and stay within my points.

I worked out before work on Tuesday and Thursday (this morning). I biked both days, which I know doesn’t compare to running, but it’s better than nothing at all.

I questioned if I should even come on here to tell you all that I gained…YET again. This is supposed to be the journey to THIN, not the journey to FAT! Good grief!

It’s hard for me to admit that I’m not doing so well. I keep falling down and I keep getting up. You’ve seen this pattern again and again. But I figure as long as I keep getting up, that’s really all that matters.

I will get this. I’m hoping in the next few days to be able to report those 3 lbs. are back off again! Right now, with all that’s going on, I’d seriously be happy to maintain. A loss would make me ecstatic!!

Thanks for reading. Sorry it’s not anything inspirational…it is what it is! This is where I’m at right now.

Where are YOU at right now?

11 comments :

  1. The inspiration is that you haven't given up inspire of the ups and downs. Keep chug chug chugging along! (And read the email I sent, I seriously think it would help.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your posts, but I knew you said you were horribly busy now. Business def does make tracking and making good choices harder, but not impossible. I, too, report good, bad, good, bad, good, bad. It's never ending and very annoying! This will eventually click for us. Keep plodding along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean about not wanting to admit that you have gained.. I am in the same boat and feel your frustration. But you are right.. it's all about the fact that you keep on fighting. All you can do is refocus and start again... you are starting again from a 3lb gain rather than a 25lbs gain if you let lose and gave up for a bit...keep on going and please keep blogging! It makes me relaise that I am not the only one in this situation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not blogging when I had my two year "not at goal" period but it might have helped if I'd know there was such a thing. I think it is good that you keep on keeping on and don't give up.

    Have a great Christmas -- low points if possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress not perfection is normally how I treat this journey. We're not going to be seeing a downward trend the entire time but the important thing is to address the gain before it spirals out of control. I have no doubt you will succeed.

    Sometimes our body gains even if we're doing everything right. The important thing is to move forward! Great job with packing a smart lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being real. You can do it! Weight loss is a journey and there are ups and downs along the way. Take it one day at a time and you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall down 7 times, get up 8! That is always inspirational to me. Make 1 good choice, and then make 1 more - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to your blog! I am slightly older than you!! Sounds like you've got the mind set, now take it to the next step. If it was easy we would all be swim suit models! I'm on WW for year and half I am close to my goal but still have ups and downs. If I may offer my opinion on what I think is important, it's tracking! As hard as it is I find it is a must. I also measure my food, when I'm hungry I can think 4 ounces but it is really 8 ounces! Keep eating to your points. Don't give up on yourself. The journey may have many ups and downs, but it is worth it! Keep on going One day at a time!! Margie from Plantation Fl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've gotta get to the root of that hating yourself comment. I'm almost willing to bet you that has nothing to do with your weight and honestly, could be what's keeping you from success (per your definition). You won't magically love your body 10, 20 or 50 lbs from now. Believe me, I know. I'd spend some time working on that. Weight is just a symptom. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracking. I've committed myself to tracking the good, bad, and ugly over the holidays. I'm going to enjoy the treats that come by once a year (at least for me). The scale has been up and down this month & I'm ok with that. I only weight once a week - not daily - the daily weight fluctuation wreaked havoc on my mental health :)

    Life is a juggling act - I plan the best I can to keep the balls in the air, but they do fall occasionally or another ball gets thrown in the mix. Just roll with it & don't beat yourself up over it.

    Previous poster (Crys) makes a good point too -- is there more to the journey you're not ready to acknowledge that's hindering your progress? It could be anything - stress, depression, etc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...