SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Weigh in Day

Today was my first weigh in after being gone for two weeks. I gained 1.6 lbs. Honestly, I feel like that’s a success. That seems kind of sad, huh?

I am having a tough time! I’m just busy, busy, busy. I have had to work in the office every day this week. I normally work from home. I packed my lunch most of the week. I pack healthy snacks. Overall, I’m not doing so bad. But I have been stopping at the gas station to get my afternoon coffee and have also been buying one (normal size- not giant) cookie. One sweet isn’t so bad, is it? I think it’s ok.

The main problem is that I haven’t been counting my points. I’m not eating like a crazy person though. Just eating my meals and healthy snacks when I’m hungry. Sure there are moments of weakness, but that’s nothing new. For all I know, I’m under my points or over my points. That’s a problem. I should be counting them, so that’s the goal starting now!

I’d like to have a loss this week and if I’m not tracking what I’m doing, there’s no way to gauge my progress. Ever feel like sometimes you’d be happy just keeping it all together without a gain? That’s kind of how I feel right now!

But I need to keep my eye on the prize.

I have been struggling to get my workouts in, but so far I’m on track for the week. I must get all 5 workouts in this week!

How is your weight loss journey going?

6 comments :

  1. 1.6 in two weeks doesn't sound bad at all, IMO. Back to tracking should help put things in perspective so you're not having to guess what's going on. I agree, though, that sometimes life just gets so busy that even writing down everything you eat becomes hard! I hate those times, though. And they always seem to come back to back so that we feel even worse about how things are going. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies can be deceptive I'm sorry to say. I was shocked when my WW leader said that the cookies at Subway are six points. I don't eat them but they are very small.

    Hope you can get back to your regular schedule soon. I am a creature of habit and it does kind of throw me when my schedule gets rearranged. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alissa, I'm proud of you that you just keep trying and keep on blogging about the experience. So many people struggle and just give up. As far as my journey... I'm 10 pounds over my maintain weight, and I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get myself in gear. It might be a victory to just maintain where I am through December and then try to kick it up in January. I'm not trying to procrastinate, but just trying to be real. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing your best with staying accountable to yourself and that's important. Trying to maintain while out of town is hard enough, so 1.6 isn't bad - think of things in the long run. And that might be gone in the matter of a week. I have really been struggling with tracking lately. I tracked diligently for 16 weeks and lost 40 pounds - just doing WW and exercising 4-5 days a week. Then I got lazy with tracking and I've lost 6 pounds in the last 16 weeks - huge difference. After a day I thought I did alright, I decided to track at the end of the day. I had a three pack of those small Otis Spunkmeyer fresh baked cookies, thinking maybe it would be 9 points, 10 max. Nope. 15 freaking points! Those little cookies shocked me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean girl it is so hard this time of year i just want sweets and comfort food but you got this just start over and it all will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I just started an accountability group for the month. Not quite the same on line as it is in person. Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...