SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Disappointed and I Was Here

Sleeping in during the week is so nice. And since I haven’t been feeling well, I know my body needs it too!

For breakfast this morning, I ate an egg sandwich with FF cheese and turkey along with a bowl of fresh fruit and skim milk for 9 points.

22312 001

I picked up some hours for a friend at work today, so while working, I sipped on coffee with my beloved Almond Joy creamer for 1 point.

22312 002

For lunch, I ate a spinach salad with tomato, avocado, a sliced smoked WW string cheese, teriyaki chicken topped with FF French and blue cheese for 10 points.

22312 003

It felt great to finally get some leafy greens back into my diet. I was feeling quite a bit better today and it finally sounded good again.

I finished it up with an apple and PB for 3 points.

22312 004

I got a few things done around the house and even baked some cookies. I found this recipe on Eat Yourself Skinny, for Skinny Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.

There was this job that was just what I was looking for, related to my degree. I hadn’t heard anything back after submitting my resume, so I followed up only to find that the position had been filled by someone with more experience. Bummer. I was pretty disappointed, but I can’t expect to get the first job I apply for.

I ate a cookie for 2 points.

22312 006

Hubby got home right about that time so he gave me lots of hugs and kisses to make me feel better. It’s been a long time since I’ve been really disappointed. I guess I really wanted that job!

But I know there are great things out there for me. That just wasn’t meant to be. But I am following the notion that if you follow your dreams and do what you love…everything will work out.

I have plans for tonight and hope to post tomorrow about what I’m doing. I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday!

And I love this song. I kind of make it my own personal theme song. SmileAnd Beyonce is just an amazing singer. This song helps motivate me to chase after my dreams and truly make a difference. Enjoy.

I was Here- Beyonce

9 comments :

  1. So sorry about the bad news you got. Job hunting is rough - rejection is par for the course, and you just have to keep trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find a job you love... just be patient :-) I know how disappointing it can be but it just wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say your fruit salad the last couple mornings looks just fabulous! I'm going to have to get a few more things at the store next time.
    Good luck with the job hunt. There's one out there meant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! There is an ALmond Joy creamer? Oh-dear, good thing I haven't found that yet...
    Sorry about the job - If it makes you feel better, I probably would have eaten more than 1 cookie after that news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping the perfect job is right on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard this song, but it's AWESOME! On the job front: you will find something amazing. You've worked too hard not to achieve ALL your goals this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run with Jess said it right, I'm not given gonna tell you what I'd have eaten. I salute you for that and thank God for husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...sorry 'bout the job Alissa, but hang in there. EVERYTHING does happen for a reason, and there is a wonderful job out there for you!!!! You have too much talent to settle for something you don't want!! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food always looks so nice! :D Also love how colourful your plates are. You seem to be doing well food wise.

    I'm looking for a new job as well, it can be so stressful and definitely upsetting when you don't hear back from them. Just keep going, good luck :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...