SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Randoms

I have a confession to make. I haven't exercised in over a week now and before that it was very irregular. Granted, I have been sick this week, so I do view that as a valid excuse. But now that I am starting to feel better, I need to get with it! Today is supposed to be almost 40* outside so I really want to make an effort to get outside and take a walk. I love these sunny, warm winter days. It will be nice to get some fresh air. I don't want to overdo it though, because I have had problems in the past when I exercise when I'm sick, especially with it has to do with my respiratory system.

I know this might sound weird, but I'm actually kind of glad that I got sick (not the sick part!). Maybe what I should say is that I feel like I am listening to my body more. I am eating when I'm hungry, and not when I am _____ (insert emotion here). I have been drinking a lot of milk lately and that does wonders to satisfy me when I am a little hungry, plus it keeps me fuller longer in the morning. Also ladies, don't forget to get enough calcium in because our bones need it! It has also been a huge boost to see the weight falling off. I am at an all time low right now, so I am really excited about that! I haven't been tracking all week because I just haven't been eating that much, but now I kind of regret it because I would like to see how much I need to be eating to lose like this. I am not starving myself, but I am definitely not eating all of the points that WW says that I should be eating everyday. It seems like if I eat my daily points I don't lose very quickly. Is this normal? I wonder how accurate the allowed points are considering everyone has a different body type? I'm not complaining though, WW is really working for me!!

My mom just told me that another one of my aunts and my grandma have decided to follow WW now too. I hope they can all stick with it, I kind of wish we were a lot closer because then I would have some more people around for support. All of my immediate family lives in different states. :(

I made an appointment to go to the Doctor on Friday about my blood pressure. I'm embarrassed that I have high blood pressure and I don't know if it is because of my weight, which I am sure is a large part of it, or if it is due to my family history. I haven't been to this doctor in over a year and she just automatically refilled my prescription the last time, but it's almost out again, so I must go! The thing is, I have periodically watched my blood pressure and the medicine hasn't really been helping all that much (I have more pre-hypertension). BUT, since I am so embarrassed at being 23 with high blood pressure, I haven't said anything to the Dr. and keep thinking if I lose weight and exercise that it will go down by itself, but it hasn't so far. I am going to let her know about it this time. I have written down the readings a while back and am going to do so again and show it to her. This is something that really scares me as I don't want to have a stroke. I am way too young to have high blood pressure. I had asked her for help in the past with losing weight and she ran tests, but beyond that she told me it was up to me and recommended I go to a nutritionist, but my insurance wouldn't cover that anyways. At that time I was just searching for help and her attitude that maybe I wasn't trying hard enough really discouraged me and of course I gained more weight. But, in essence, she was right. I am losing weight now and thanks to the book by Governor Huckabee, I am looking at weight loss in a different way now. I will be happy to get on the scale in the office and see how much weight I lost since the last time I was there! Sorry for rambling on and on today and if you've taken the time to read through this whole post, Great job! :)

3 comments :

  1. First off, congrats on listening to your body! That's always a huge step in being able to keep the weight off once you lose it.

    Make sure you eat all your food :)
    As you lose with WW, your points get recalculated - so you need somewhere to drop down to. Don't do it early or your body will slow down the losses. Slow loss is good loss! It's sustainable.

    As for the BP, exercise and losing weight will really help. But, make sure you speak with your doctor, there is absolutely no shame in having health problems no matter what your age! High blood pressure is something to address.

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi!

    I'm glad you stopped by my blog and it's nice to meet you. I had gallbladder problems a few years ago and had to see the doctor as I was losing weight. I decided then that I needed to remember that I get to HIRE the doctor or FIRE the doctor based on his performance. If he's nice to me, understanding, compassionate and provides good care - he gets to keep his position. If he's not understanding, is condescending about my weight and doesn't "get it", then I kick him to the curb.

    Guess what... it's very empowering. I highly recommend this mind set when dealing with physicians as an overweight person. There are a LOT of doctors out there who will become your partner on this journey. You just have to find em.

    I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you were able to take that walk you were looking forward to today.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that you were sick...it's never any fun. But that's great you are at an all time low! As for the ww points, just make sure you don't go too far below the recommended points because at some point you may hit a plateua and if your not eating a lot right now, it'll be hard to cut back even more and stick with it. We all want fast results but what is more important is that it's long lasting! As for the family support thing...maybe you could all email each other once or twice a week to see how each other is doing, share tips, recipes, etc. Me and mom my recently started doing this as she re-joined ww but doesn't live near me either. Just an idea. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...