SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back on Schedule

I feel like I am slowly starting to get back on track. We are back at work now and back on our regular schedules, which helps. I haven't met my "incorporate healthy oils into my diet" goal at all this week. I need to get to a health food store to try to find some healthy oils besides olive oil. I am thinking about trying flax seed oil after reading all about the benefits.

I have started reading The Sugar Addicts Total Recovery Program by DesMaisons. I don't know if I can consider myself a sugar addict or not, but I think the advice in the book will be helpful. Step 1 is to have protein for breakfast everyday. I already do that everyday so I have moved to step 2, which is to keep a journal of everything I eat with how I feel physically and emotionally. I am going to do this for about a week before moving to the next step. It'll be interesting to see if there are foods affecting the way that I feel, which I'm sure is probably the case.

I have to do my run/walk/bike exercise this morning and then I will have met my exercise goal for the week! It really does help to be more specific in my goals. I know I need to even create a schedule for which days I am going to do what exercises.

It seems like everybody is on the wagon for eating healthy right now. New Years Resolutions I'm sure! I want to make sure that I don't fall off the wagon come February like I used to! But, I have been faithful since October. I would really like to speed up my weight loss and I know what I need to do.

1. I need to stay OP and not use so many of my Weekly points.
2. I need to keep up with my exercise.
3. Don't let stress get me off track.
4. Realize that hunger is not going to kill me. I think sometimes I get so hungry that I eat things I shouldn't, even though I've been on track all day! This is a big one for me!

Well, just a few updates there. I'm enjoying my last week of being off of school and just having to work. Next week will bring more stress, so I need to learn to deal with that! I better get off to my exercise!

1 comment :

  1. The Sugar Addict's book was a big break through in thought for me. I hope it is as helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...