SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When Will I get it Right?

I am not happy with WI today in the least bit. I actually gained from yesterday. I gained 2.6 lbs this week. That’s just insane! I actually stuck to my points, too. Could I be doing better? Yes. But I also don’t think this WI is accurate. I have a feeling that I will lose most of it tomorrow morning- one of those kinds of weigh ins. I’m trying not to let this get me down- but it put me up to 228.2!! I haven’t seen that number in a LONG time and I don’t want to see it ever again. I am going to work on putting a list together of things that I can do differently.

I have not been exercising since the 5k on Saturday because I am still not feeling well. After I ran the 5k I got worse for about a day- VERY tired and sicker feeling. I am starting to feel better but not 100% yet and I don’t want to push it because of my problems with asthma, etc. But once I am ready for it again- I know that will help.

For breakfast, I had toast topped with peanut butter and a small banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

9810 001

I finished up my homework for the week last night, so I had about an hour of free time this morning. I thought about going back to bed- but an hour isn’t much time. So I got caught up on blogs. The time passes so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to get ready for work.

I had Gevalia Breakfast Blend coffee with 1 Tbs. of White Chocolate Mudslide Creamer mixed in for 1 point.

9810 002

It’s that time of year when I’m craving warm coffee drinks and lattes. I want a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks so badly! I tried to find Pumpkin Spice creamer in the stores but it’s too early yet- I cant wait!

Work was a nice pace this morning. Not too busy- so I had a little time to do some reading for school- which is always nice.

For my first break, I had a nectarine for 1 point. The flavor was wonderful!

9810 003

For lunch, I had 5 pieces of boneless skinless teriyaki chicken wings, green beans and 2 biscuits with grape jelly (only one pictured) for 7.5 points.

9810 004

For dessert, I had a light Yoplait black forest yogurt for 2 points.

9810 005

It ended out being a busy day at work. I was happy when it was time to sign out for the day.

For supper, I made homemade pizza with whole wheat crust. I ended up having 3 pieces along with broccoli for 9.5 points.

9810 006

Dessert was light ice cream for 3 points.

9810 007

…and a small slice of toast with Nutella for 2.5 points. Not one of my finest moments.

9810 008

I think one of my biggest problems lately is that I have not been home on the weekends for the past few weeks to be able to plan meals and get a full load of groceries. I was able to stock up on fruits and some veggies this weekend- but no chicken, salmon or anything else. So I am cooking with what I have in the house. I am looking forward to planning meals this weekend. When I eat like I did tonight, it’s no wonder I gained almost 3 lbs this week. *sigh* Will I ever figure this out?

Kelly at Happy Texans tagged me to answer some questions. I am then supposed to come up with my own questions and tag others to do the same thing. So here goes!

1.  What was the catalyst that made you decide to lose weight/get in shape?

When my doctor told me that my blood pressure was high and that I had to go on medication for it. This was an eye opener for me, in my early 20’s! She mentioned the word stroke and I was devastated. I knew I had to do something.

                       
2.  What do you like best about yourself? (could be a physical trait or a character quality)

I am able to look at all sides of any situation. This makes me level headed and a good decision maker at most times.


3.  What is your main goal with weight loss/getting in shape?

I want to be healthier so that hubby and I can have children someday. I want to be able to wear cute clothes and feel good about myself. I want to be an athlete.


4.  What rejuvenates you?  In other words, what do you do to recharge your batteries? Relax?

Hubby and I cuddle up to watch a movie or an episode of one of our favorite shows.


5.  What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in your life?

Wow- that’s quite a question! My greatest accomplishment would have to be finding my hubby and marrying him! But I don’t know if that counts? :) I guess staying in school no matter how long it takes for me to finish.


6.  For fun, what is your favorite food?

My favorite food is peanut butter and banana toast. Can’t you tell? ;)

Tag you’re it! A Random selection of my favorite blogs:

1. Marcy

2. Spunkysuzi

3. Katie J

4. Roz

5. Janna

6. Lori

7. CJ

1. What is your biggest struggle with losing weight or fitness and how are you overcoming it?

2. What is your best piece of weight loss advice?

3. What’s your favorite healthy snack?

4. What are you doing to do when you meet your goal weight? What did you do when you met your goal weight?

5. What motivates you most to lose weight or get healthy?

6. What’s your favorite vacation spot?

I’m so glad that we only have a couple more days left this week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are always a little easier for me because I have school and less work time. But once Thursday is over, it's all downhill from there! Have a good one!

15 comments :

  1. I had the same WI experience this week. UGH. It was a little discouraging being only my second week but all we can do is trudge on i guess! You've accomplished so much it's inspiring, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but every time i eat pizza even staying within points i gain the next day! Maybe the sodium??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza looks amazing! Can I steal a piece please :) I will give you thumbs up for having only 2.5 points worth of Nutella cos I would have lost my head and probably eaten 10 points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't sweat one week. Remember that weigh in is just one 1 minute of time out of the whole week. If you are eating on plan, then there is no concern. If the scale does this for a few weeks, then it is time to tweak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet getting to know you better bloggy-style.
    And what Lori said..... it's sooooo common sense.
    Don't sweat it! You are golden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one step at a time, one foot infront of the other. A gain can just turn into that much of a loss the next week. Take the gain, and move on, it's not worthy your stress, put that energy into making this week a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Everyone just about sums it up! Don't let the WI put you down. All the hard work is bound to show up on scale some day and then you'll have a massive loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's difficult, but just keep doing what you know is right and you will see the results. I experienced ups and downs, but it became about a mind thing with me. I had to tell myself that I was doing the right things and the scale would move.

    I hope you feel all better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing awesome!!! Don't let this get you down. You are inspiring!

    Gevalia coffee...oh I love that stuff. I used to get it, but stopped about a year ago when the shipping charges were equal to one bag of their coffee. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grrr! I feel your pain! But hang in, you are doing great, and are an inspiration for us all!!!!! You'll be back on the "down" side of the hill soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My weight is up and down like a yo yo at this time as well, but while losing it kept going down as I never fell off that wagon...but where did that have me end up ~ In hospital as I took it too far.
    So enjoy this journey and eat the things you enjoy but stay mindful of portion sizes and better choices...as well as the foods/treats u enjoy.

    Thanks for tagging me...have played along in my blog...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your tweet this AM so I feel like I cheated while reading your post!! My weight does the same thing! As long as your sticking w/your daily points it will all come out ok in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you ate today looks great. Just take it one day at a time, and you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There has to be a reasonable explanation. Just keep pushing forward and it will happen.

    Thanks for the tag! I will do it early next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...