SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Comfort Food

Class was canceled this morning, so I had the whole morning to myself! I slept in until almost 8:00 and that was so nice!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I hit a NEW low. But as always, I can’t count it until WI day. But seeing those lower numbers is really encouraging!

I got up and had 1 slice of wheat toast with PB along with 1 cup of strawberries and 1 cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

91610 001

That’s the last of the Trader Joe’s peanut butter. We won’t be making a trip anywhere near a Trader Joe’s soon, so I’ll just have to buy some peanut butter in a local store. If I remember right, I liked the Skippy natural peanut butter a lot and it was reasonably priced. I just can’t live without peanut butter. ;)

I spent the morning trying to stay busy and not sit around on my computer, which is SO easy to do. I cleaned, started preparing for supper, did some school stuff, laundry, and baked banana bread to use up some bananas that are past the point of my liking.

91610 003

I also made a loaf of regular bread.

Can you tell I am still LOVING my bread maker? I can’t imagine life without it anymore. :)

And then I had a battle with this thing, it ALMOST won:

91610 002

Doesn’t that just make you shiver? I HATE spiders! But hubby’s shoe always works well to take care of them. I’m too scared to stomp on them with my foot in a flip flop. lol But that’s nothing like the one I ran into a few weeks ago:

83110 006

Ok, how many followers did I just lose? lol

I have been struggling with exercise ever since I got sick and took a little break. I’ve gotten activity here and there but nothing regularly. Now that the weather has changed, I’m having a tougher time motivating myself to get out of the house- and I really need to because pretty soon it will be TOO COLD to go outside! This Fall weather is actually PERFECT- minus the allergies. I stepped outside to get the mail and knew I HAD to get out there. It was a perfect running day. I told myself that I just needed to run one mile. I got to the point where I start running and went to put in my ear buds only to find that my iPod was completely DEAD. How that happens- I don’t know- because I keep it locked in my purse. But I decided to give it a try without the iPod and I did it!! I ran 1 mile straight without the iPod and ALL by myself. (do I sound like a 3 year old? lol) It was nice to enjoy everything around me. I ran the mile in 13 minutes, which is a tad faster than normal (seconds). I ended up walking/running 2.5 miles total in 40 minutes and burned 240 calories. I was in pain by the time I was done (headache, ear ache, bronchial ache) but I did it and it was nothing that a little clear air and ibuprofen couldn’t handle!

For lunch, I made up 1/2 a whole wheat pita stuffed with teriyaki chicken wings, cheese, and avocado for 9 points. Pretty delicious!

91610 004

Dessert was a low fat krispy bar for 2 points.

91610 005

I finished getting supper together and put it in the crock pot on low so I didn’t have to worry about supper after work!

91610 006

Before signing in to work, I made an iced pumpkin spice latte for 1.5 points.

91610 007

Work went well today! It was much slower than yesterday and much more manageable. Whew!

For supper, we had baked potato soup- 5 points per serving. This is our FAVORITE soup- it’s SOOO good!

91610 009

I also had a slice of banana bread and 1/2 slice of pumpkin bread for 6 points.

91610 010

91610 011

And dessert was chocolate pudding for 3 points.

91610 012

That puts me at using 2.5 weekly points today. I feel like I could have eaten a little better today, but overall I didn’t do too badly. I think I ate a lot of comfort food today for some reason, not that I was eating emotionally or anything- it’s probably the weather! I’m glad that tomorrow is grocery day because we are running very low on veggies!

Hubby and I are going to go on a bike ride later on tonight! Can’t wait!

7 comments :

  1. Congratulations on a great run (and winning the battle with the spider - not a fan of those things). Wow, that soup looks great. Is it a WW recipe? I love banana bread and can't have it around me too often. I eat way too much way too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the exercise and the weight loss! Your food looks amazing. Glad you are enjoying the bread maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work and I think you had a great day. I also love my breadmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on getting your exercise in!! I need to get back into that!

    You have to share your baked potato soup recipe...sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go YOU!!! What an awesome feeling seeing low numbers! I understand your exercise struggle, I am there too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a new low!

    As for exercise - make a contract with yourself that it is not negotiable. If you want the new low to stick, get moving :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...