SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Baby, I Can’t Live Without You

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #loveandprotect #CollectiveBias

As a family, we all rely on each other and the truth is that every member of the family provides a portion of the support which helps keep the family going strong. The Holderness family (the family with the funny holiday greetings videos) created a funny video for Protective Life about the humorous side of how families rely on each other.

Watch it. It’s funny, I promise. It does poke fun at spouses, but it brings up an important topic—needing to be prepared for the unthinkable.

I know I can’t live without my hubby and I thought I’d share some of the reasons with my own personal ballad to him.

I can't live without you because #loveandprotect

 

Who would keep my feet warm at night? My feet are always fuh-reezing and I depend on hubby’s warm legs to keep them warm. I usually catch him off guard and he shrieks when he feels how cold my feet are—which leads to a lot of giggling on my part.

 who would keep my feet warm #loveandprotect

 

I’d be stranded without gas. Hubby is the one who always puts gas in the truck. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even realize the tank is running low until the empty light comes on.

I'd run out of gas and be stranded #loveandprotect

 

I’d have an inflated ego about my cooking. With no one to tell me what’s wrong with the meal “this time”, I’d surely think I was an award winning chef.

20150129_224346520_iOS

 

Life would be boring without our adventures. Did I tell you about the time hubby decided to drive our jeep into a field covered in a foot or two of snow? I told him it probably wasn’t a good idea since I was pregnant and we didn’t want to get stuck. “We won’t get stuck”, he said. Well, we got stuck. I got to enjoy a few laughs while he dug us out—wearing his Sunday best. This is just one of many adventures we’ve been on together!

Adventure #Loveandprotect

 

How would I experience the country life? From taking down fences, to riding on tractors, shooting a gun, and getting covered in mud on a four wheeler ride—I’d never have experienced any of it without him.

Being a country girl #loveandprotect

 

My tires would be flat. The very first gift I received from my husband was a digital tire gauge. True story. So romantic. But he cares about me and takes care of me in the most practical ways.

tires would go flat #loveandprotect stranded

 

Who would clean the toilets? Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Cleaning the toilets is just one of those jobs that I can’t stand. All I can think about is all of the germs and it just grosses me out.

who would clean the toilet #loveandprotect

 

I don’t know how to load the dishwasher correctly. Or so he says. The silverware must be placed facing upward singly within each slot. The bowls must go here, the plates over there and they must only face a certain direction. The soap must be added in just the right amount and the cover shut in just the perfect way.

I don't know how to load the dishwasher #loveandprotect

 

Who would take my before picture? I can poke fun at myself too. Seriously, how many of these pictures do I have? Probably a hundred or something. One of these days I’ll have the after picture.

 Who would take my before pics Again and again #loveandprotect

 

I could never raise our daughter alone.  I need his support when my patience runs out or she poops her diaper while I’m cooking dinner. Really though, I couldn’t do this without him.

20140927_140116289_iOS

 

Who would comfort me when disaster strikes? It’s times like this when you realize what’s most important. When we experienced a derecho (a hurricane of the prairie) and we were huddled in the basement hearing the house creak, wondering if our house would still be standing in a few minutes, hubby told me everything would be ok. He’s my rock in this life.

Disaster #Loveandprotect storm

On a serious note, planning for the future is so important. Nobody wants to think about the possibility of tragedy striking the family, but it can happen in an instant and your life can be changed forever.

Did you know that it costs approximately $400,000 to raise a child? I learned that while reading an article in Protective Life’s Learning Center.

I know I wouldn’t be able to make ends meet without my hubby’s income to support us. We have made plans so that if the unthinkable does happen, we are prepared and taken care of financially.

 

Be sure to check out the Holderness Family’s video for a chuckle and head to the Protective Life Learning Center learn about the importance of being prepared.

Who can’t you live without and why?

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...