SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 26, 2015

Weigh in Day & Honoring my Commitment

Close up of scale on white background

I started this week off tracking everything I ate and sometime Saturday I quit tracking. Monday morning I started tracking again and come Tuesday I wasn’t tracking at all. However, this doesn’t mean I was eating everything in sight. I would say that I ate “intuitively” for the most part. Not all good and not all bad.

I definitely need to track my food—and I definitely want to do that this next week. I want to get back to how well I was doing at the beginning of this and I know I can do that—no holidays this week! But the 4th of July is coming up so this will be the perfect week to practice being on track before the holiday throws me a curve ball.

Alright, so for the results. I lost 1.6 lbs. this week!! That puts me at my lowest weight yet and a total of 11.3 lbs. lost in 12 weeks. Being just under 1 lb. per week- I can handle that. That’s progress.

Stats for the week:

  • Weekly Points Used: --
  • Activity Points Earned: 11
  • Activity Points Used: --
  • Total steps: 37,286
  • Weight Loss this Week: –1.6
  • Total Weight Loss to Date: –11.3 lbs.


And now for more good news. I said I was going to start the Couch to 5K this week and I finally did it. I got my workout clothes together last night so they were ready to go. I woke up early, fought a million battles in my head and finally got downstairs to get it done…well, after I removed all of the clutter in front of the treadmill.

IMG_2900

Honestly, I think I was making it harder than it is in my mind. I remember when I used to do this that I couldn’t run for the 60 seconds without stopping. I slowly worked my way up to running miles at a time. I’m happy to say that I can still “jog” for 60 seconds without stopping.

Since this was my first jog back, I took it a little slower and jogged at a 4.5 mph pace. Towards the end I had to back it off to 4 mph…which I know would be walking for some of you, but I do not have long legs and I am kind of a slow walker—so this is still a slow jog for me.

Anyways, I completed the workout and felt like I wanted to die at the end. See?

IMG_2902

But it’s done and I think that finishing strong will spark a fire in me. I forgot how good it feels to blast my music and just focus on moving my body and putting one step in front of the other.

I listened to my old playlist back from when I started and from when I was doing really well with my weight loss. I heard Christina Aguilera’s “Fighter” and that was always a song that inspired me. These are excerpts from the song that have always inspired me in this journey.

After all that you put me through,
You think I'd despise you,
But in the end I wanna thank you,
'Cause you've made me that much stronger

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

But in the end you'll see
YOU-WON'T-STOP-ME
I am a fighter and I
I ain't gonna stop
There is no turning back
I've had enough

I turned on my HR on my Fitbit and it shows that I was in the fat burning zone for basically the entire workout. I spent like a second in cardio—so I guess I didn’t get my cardio in. haha…but I’m counting it as cardio.

So there ya have it! How was your weigh in?

Fitbit Product Family

6 comments :

  1. Great job! And for the record 4.5 is running for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve triple kudos for doing a treadmill workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the loss and starting your 5k thing! Ugh, my fast paced walk on the treadmill at the gym is 2.6. I feel so silly because old people get on and go to 3.5. But I just can't! I've tried. 2.7 is as fast as I've gotten w/o nearly killing myself by tripping over my own feet. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic progress - good work. That's a whole lot of weight that would still be on you (or who knows, maybe even more) if you hadn't started 12 weeks ago. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! You're doing great! I'm certain that most people can walk faster than I run, so you're definitely not alone. I'm also going to have to check out that song now; I'm always on the lookout for motivational music to add to my iPod.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...