SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 11, 2015

What My Future Self Would Do

After reading Roni’s post a month ago, I have been wanting to sit down and write about what my future self would do. I think that it will be insightful as to what my goals really are and how I could start working towards them.

What My

  • Set an alarm and wake up early to get a workout in first thing in the morning.
  • Search for new healthy recipes to try and plan to make a new meal each week.
  • Take time to sit down and read a good book.
  • Have an organized and clutter free house.
  • Do some form of strength training and have a toned body.
  • Be able to go to the pool in a swimsuit and not feel self-conscious.
  • Never let my weight get in the way of living life.
  • Complete a triathlon.
  • Be a good example of eating and living healthfully for my children.
  • Eat vegetables at every meal.
  • Have a BFF for girl talk.
  • Take more care of my appearance.
  • Write things that people would connect with and would make a difference.
  • Have a workout that I truly enjoy.
  • Finish a 5K towards the top of my age group.
  • Be at a healthy weight.
  • Would consistently reach 10,000 steps per day on the Fitbit.

As I look at this list, there are quite a few things that I can start working on now. For example, I should get started on that Couch to 5K program like I talked about. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by my goals, I will start making small steps toward achieving them.

What would your future self do?

5 comments :

  1. I think your list sounds a lot like what mine might be like; definitely something I'm going to sit down and write down after the kids are in bed! I love making lists... even if I end up not accomplishing everything on it, it still gives me something to work toward. And you're right, there's no reason why you can't start working on some of these now--bit by bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Actually inspired to write something similar for the blog. I think we share a lot of similar goals. Starting with waking up early to fit in a workout. Work in progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My future self would definitely be a morning person and accomplish things before the kids wake up! To do this, my future self would also go to bed at a more decent hour! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! List are a great thing to have! I love checking things off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to so much of what you have on your list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...