SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Shredded

Last night was one of the best night’s of sleep I’ve had in a LONG time. A fresh set of flannel sheets, the windows open letting cool and fresh spring air in, and the sounds of a thunderstorm. Most importantly, hubby was there—sure beats sleeping alone!

BUT, it looks like it’s going to get colder and colder as the week goes by and we’re expecting snow! Crazy.

For breakfast, I ate a piece of Ezekiel toast with butter and a boiled egg on top. I also ate a banana and drank skim milk.

4913 001

I spent the morning getting caught up on dishes, laundry, and taking care of business! It’s nice to keep up with everything.

While working, I sipped on my coffee with natural creamer.

4913 003

Eating breakfast about an hour earler makes me hungry by the time I start working! My stomach was really growling by break time.

On my break, I ate Fage 0% with honey, chia seeds, and fresh strawberries.

4913 004

I brought a cup of pumpkin spice chai back to work with me. I used about 1/3 of the mix serving size.

4913 005

For lunch, I ate a VitaPizza.

4913 006

And a side salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pecans, feta, and avocado. I topped it with homemade ranch and a little BBQ. So good!

4913 007

I have tried a few ranch recipes and haven’t quite found one that fits the bill. Any one have any clean ranch dressing recipes they like?

I also ate an apple with peanut butter.

4913 008

On my break, I ate an orange.

4913 012

And brought back some tea with honey to sip on. Sorry the picture is blurry!

4913 009

And popcorn popped in coconut oil. This popcorn is very white in color and tasted like CORN. Which I know sounds weird for me to say, since nevertheless it is pop-CORN, but I’ve never tasted popcorn with such a “corn”-y taste. lol

4913 013

This is a locally grown, as in a few miles from here. I love that. This summer, we plan on buying as many locally grown groceries as we can. There are so many markets popping up for locally grown products. Red heartIt just MAKES SENSE to me.

Even though I didn’t want to, I completed Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred immediately after work. I am SO proud of myself. This is kind of my first big fitness achievement in a long, long time. I burned 272 calories in just under 30 minutes.

image

I had to take more rests than I used to, obviously. My body just felt so stiff and sore. My knee kept shooting with pain. I am going to be SORE tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, I’m going to be SORE the next day! But pick your hard, right? I’d rather go through a hard workout than deal with not being able to walk someday because my joints are shot from being overweight.

Fitness wise, I want to get back to where I was before. The funny thing is, back when I was doing well, I was so hard on myself and thought I wasn’t nearly as good as I should have been. I wasn’t doing half bad!

Thanks to my sister for asking me to do the 30 Day Shred with her. I will do it as I want to, but am not going to put too much pressure on myself. I won’t be doing it every day. As long as I’m active, that’s all that matters.

For supper, I ate an egg white omelet (which promptly fell apart) with cheese and leftover mushrooms and onions. I also sautéed asparagus and onions with garlic and olive oil. And I ate one flax waffle with maple syrup.

4913 014

Yummy! A Delicious supper. I bet you wish you could smell my breath right now with all that garlic and onion. Shoot, you probably can from there! haha

And we are still making our way through those chocolate angel cupcakes.

4913 015

I have a few projects to work on tonight, even though I’d like to just crash! I am tired after that workout!

Have a great day!

6 comments :

  1. Amazing results with the shred! I was super proud of myself too when I stuck to it. I am not one to mix up my stuff usually.
    Check out my results from March - http://www.ashsrightdirection.com/2013/04/30-day-shred-results.html

    Keep it up girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And we are still making out..."
    Hey, glad you got your hubby back, but your biz is your biz. Hahaha Sorry. I just couldn't resist that typo. :) It made me laugh. Woohoo on the shred. I know that has to be a tough one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work getting back to the shred, it is such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a nice picture you painted of clean sheets windows open and thunderstorms!! All the food looked great...espically that omelet!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...