SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 8, 2013

First blooms of spring

I hope you had a good weekend! I spent all day Saturday working for job #2, but still found some time to relax, so it turned out ok. Mostly, I was just happy that hubby wouldn’t be leaving me this morning! It was nice not having to feel guilty for having to work and wishing I could spend time with him. Good news was—we have all week together!

For breakfast, I ate Ezekiel toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana. I also drank my usual skim milk.

4813 001

I got a few things done around the house and then I decided to do some work for job #2. I worked for an hour, finished up a story and submitted it. That was a good feeling!

While working job #1, I sipped on my coffee.

4813 002

By mid-morning I was so hungry! My stomach was growling like crazy. Who knows what that was about!

On my break, I ate a hard-boiled egg.

4813 004

And popped up some popcorn  in coconut oil. I just finished up the popping corn from a local market. I’m working on finishing up what we have before I buy different kinds.

4813 005

For lunch, I ate a tuna sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. I also ate carrots with red pepper hummus.

4813 006

And I finished it up with strawberry Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries.

4813 007

I got my new hair brush in the mail today. I have ordered Avon hair brushes since I was probably in high school. They last FOREVER and work so wonderfully. I hope this one holds up as good as the last couple have!

4813 003

I was so ready for the work day to be over…but it just dragged on by.

On my break, I ate a box of raisins-- well, the contents only. Winking smile

4813 008

And I brought back an iced coffee to my desk.

4813 009

When the work day FINALLY ended, I started preparing supper. We grilled marinated chicken and I steamed some broccoli and added cheese, I also sautéed mushrooms and onions, and added a side of light cottage cheese. It was SUCH a good summer-like supper.

4813 011

For dessert, we ate chocolate angel cupcakes with Cool Whip frosting. Almost forgot to take a picture!

4813 012

Hubby and I have some projects to work on this week, so we’re heading to some stores to buy the things that we need. So happy to have him home with me!

It’s also BEAUTIFUL today! Check out the first blooms in my flower gardens!

4813 010

4 comments :

  1. I wish I could like baby carrot sticks. I just don't! I love sauteed mushrooms and onions, and the chicken looks delish! Enjoy your week of projects with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spring/summer dinner!!! I know what you mean about having hubby home! Mine is working 3rd shift for literally over a week straight and i miss him so much i cant wait to spend time with him this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on spring!!!!!! Have a great week Alissa.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...