SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 29, 2013

First Bike Ride of the Year

How I have missed our long bike rides! Last summer, it was so horribly hot that we didn’t get too many long bike rides in. Our last ride was on the beach in Florida—and that was wonderful. This weekend, hubby fixed my bike tire, did some maintenance, hooked up the bike rack, and we were off for our first bike ride of 2013!

We went to a local forest preserve that we had never biked through before. We biked about 7 miles. Not a long ride, but it was wonderful to be out in the sunshine.

Since it has been so cold this spring, there wasn’t a whole lot of life in the forest. I took a few pictures, but not too much was photo worthy quite yet!

Here are a few shots from our ride:

BHRide 001

BHRide 008

BHRide 016

BHRide 009

BHRide 012

BHRide 013

We want to get new bikes this year. We’ve been riding some used bikes we bought from a friend for $100 a few years ago. They really don’t fit us. We want to shop around before making our purchase.

Do you have a bike you love? What model is it?

9 comments :

  1. Oh I'm so jealous :) I can't wait to get back on my bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for riding! We went out a couple times this weekend as well. I have a Fuji hybrid and like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last year my husband was all into the bike riding... ah for like 10 minutes...
    he is so silly

    now we have bikes gathering dust up at my MIL's

    hurts my hinney to ride

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to your local bike shop. Our local guys are very knowledgeable and take the time to find out what kind of riding you will be doing. I bet your town would have the same thing. I have a Trek hybrid and a Salsa touring bike. Make sure they do a good bike fit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bike ride. Yesterday was my first bike ride of the season as well. I do single track riding so have a Cannondale mountain bike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubs & I have been talking about getting bikes recently.
    He also wants to treadmill for the winter months so we can keep up walking since neither are a fan of snow..lol
    Definitely post pics when you guys get new bikes, would love to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Alissa! Yay for the lovely bike ride. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is excellent when you enjoy fitness and healthy lifestyle! Healthy nutrition is also vital to provide you enough fuel for active recreation. I've discovered a good resource (militarygradenutritionals.com/blog) which contains plenty of useful information on healthy nutrition, diet and training plans for everyone who wants to stay fit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...