SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Snacks

I'm feeling a lot better today. Although my one thigh is still sore from painting. I know, weird that only one hurts, huh? I've already left a message for my hubby that we should go for a walk tonight. I'm ready for that activity!! It's been over a week now since I've worked out. Taking last week off was intentional as I had a cold, and the last 2 days because I have been way too sore and not feeling well again. I think I'm ready to get back on the wagon again!

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm hoping for the best but as of today I am slightly up from last week. Although last night we went out for Mexican. NSV- I cut my burrito in half and only ate the one half and didn't eat the sides! So Who knows what the sodium did to my weight this morning. I'm hoping for the best. I know I can do better than I have this past week though.

What do you eat for snacks? I always think that snack foods are for snacks. Not necessarily unhealthy snack options, but snack foods in general. I was reading someone's blog who mentioned the different meals they have every day, a total of 5. I wonder if I treated my snacks like smalls meals, if I would end up eating less points and being more satisfied. What's wrong with having a half chicken breast for a snack? Or something along those lines. Let me know your thoughts!

5 comments :

  1. Thank you for the post! Enjoy your walk tonight and good luck with your weigh in.

    My snack picks are:
    blueberries, apples, plums, grapes, peaches, carrots

    My after workout picks:
    small grilled chicken breast, multi-grain bread w/peanut buter, small bowl of cereal w/milk, pita chips w/hummas, cheese stick

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite snack picks are fruits and veggies (baby carrots, apple, banana, etc). I also love those mini packages of cottage cheese. I occasionally do granola bars or string cheese, as well.

    I think it's fine to do a piece of chicken or something similar as a snack. There's no rule saying that you can't! I'd say to just keep trying options until you come up with something you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like grapes, apples or those 100 calorie packs for a sweet tooth. But I don't like to eat them alot because they don't keep me full for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually eat fruit - something like a plum, peach or nectarine in the morning and an apple in the afternoon because they are more filling and I tend to be starving in the p.m. Sometimes red grapes. If not fruit, then salt-free almonds (am loving the dark chocolate almonds right now) - but I usually have two snacks a day. The fruit really keeps me filled up, has nutritional benefits and is easily portable to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having a latte as a snack. Or dates with nut butter. An Arnold sandwich thin toasted with some peanut butter and jam.

    Pears with cheese. Yum, I'm getting hungry!

    If your snack contains some protein and fat, it will go a long way to keeping you full.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...