SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 17, 2009

More to Love

I just got around to watching the season finale of More to Love, which was actually aired on Tuesday. I've never watched a dating show before, so I wasn't really sure what to think of this one. The only reason that I watched this season was because of the whole concept of there being "plus size" women on the show, and being that I'm dieting and all, sometimes those shows can be motivational. I've already found my one true love, so no problem there! But, these women were not plus size. They were gorgeous and maybe not stick thin, but I would be THRILLED to have a body like some of those girls have, who cares about being tagged "plus size."

I have a few issues with this show. Keep in mind that I have never seen a dating show, so maybe I'm out of the loop. How can anyone possibly date more than one person, fall in love with more than one person, and not feel bad about it? If you're truly falling in love, you don't want to make out with another person. There's a definite moral issue with this show, but what show doesn't have moral issues anymore?

Secondly, almost all of the girls on this show have issues. At the beginning, all that the girls ever talked about was how hard life was for them because they were bigger. How no one ever liked them because they were bigger. These girls are gorgeous, and if I, a non-gorgeous person, can find a man who loves me and thinks I'm beautiful, these girls could DEFINITELY find a man to love them based on looks alone. Obviously, they've got some personality issues. If you don't love yourself, no one can love you. Being larger does pose some difficulty in finding someone, I won't deny that, but it's not a complete limitation. Whatever size you are, you need to learn to respect yourself or you're not going to get anywhere in love or elsewhere.

Thirdly, I think Michael is an idiot. Why else would you keep someone like Malissa on the show until the very end? She was one of the most cruel girls I've ever seen. She put on a act around everyone she was around, including Michael. His pick of Tali was a good one. She has a really cute personality and is gorgeous.

Ultimately, this show is stupid. You can't fall in love with someone enough to marry them in a matter of weeks. You also can't assume that the person you're going to fall in love with is going to be a certain size. How about having a show where there is a mixture of sizes and colors of women. After all, isn't love about what's inside and not on the outside? I'm confident that any man looking for true love is not going to chose a skinny beautiful woman over a plus size beautiful woman, over size alone. Love is a lot deeper than that. Give it more credit.

What do you think?

2 comments :

  1. I'm always confounded by all these fat women who have boyfriends and lovers. But I've never been able to find the right guy to love me back either. And I've always loved myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the show for only 3 weeks because it made me sick to my stomach. The girls and the guy had to many issues for me. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...