SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Challenge

For me, that is. I am at home (where I grew up) this weekend and I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities for delicious, and maybe not so good for me, food. But I will make good choices and eat smaller portions.

Today is my niece's 3rd birthday party. That will be so much fun to go to. My sister will be serving cake, so I will eat a piece of that. So that means I need to watch what I eat a little bit throughout the day.

My Mom mad a cheesecake for my birthday, so I will eat a piece of that tomorrow, of course. Yum! Wow, I'm going to be eating a lot of sweets this weekend! Not to mention the cake that my MIL is making me next week! It's all in moderation, right? Only eat one piece. :)

Last night was a NSV for both my husband and I. We have a 4 hour drive out here and we ALWAYS stop for ice cream. This time we both agreed that we didn't need to. Save some money while saving some calories!

BTW, the hubby surprised me and said, "I think I'd like to start getting up with you more often to go running in the morning." Turns out that he really enjoyed it. So we got up yesterday morning and went for a run. It's absolutely beautiful out there. It's still dark out and I live in a small town, so we have a GREAT view of the stars above. We even saw a shooting star! Can't get much better than that. And you know what, I forgot to make a wish! I'm not sure if he'll be able to continue this or not because he has to work in a different location next week. But we'll see! I sure hope so because I LOVE running outside and don't want to do it by myself quite yet.

Hope you all have a FABULOUS weekend! :)

3 comments :

  1. I think it's just wonderful that hubby is running with you. What a special time for both of you!

    Enjoy your birthday filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ice cream NSV! I love that your hubby is going to become more active with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... so if you have a weekend full of treats, then just balance it out with heafty salads at meatime and tons of water... and don't fret, stress is worse than bad food. have fun, a balanced life includes ALL our favorite foods

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...