SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 4, 2015

Weigh in Day: Switching to Simply Filling

Close up of scale on white background

I lost 2.2 lbs. this week after my gain last week. I’m happy with that because I feel like I’m making progress despite numerous setbacks. That’s a total loss of 6.7 lbs…so I am up overall from my lowest, but I’m still on the losing side from where I began, so I’ll take that as a win.

I’ve been really struggling with eating the right foods. I’m not so sure it comes down to willpower or if those junky foods really do affect our body chemistry in a way that makes us feel like we need the foods—as if we’re addicted.

A simple solution is to keep the foods out of the house but somehow I keep thinking, I can eat anything I want on Weight Watchers if I do so in moderation. And that’s fine and dandy if I actually kept to that rule and only ate in moderation—but all too often I end up eating too much and then throw in the towel.

So I believe that I need to spend at least a week eating good, nutritious foods so that I can get myself back into the mindset that I used to have where I actually did eat all foods in moderation—and that didn’t mean eating 1 serving of this junk food, and 1 serving of that junk food, and maybe 1/2 a serving of another junk food. You get the point.

Yesterday, I tricked myself into believing that I was changing my weigh in day and that I was starting a new plan. I actually changed it all on Weight Watchers and weighed in and everything. This helped me get back on track yesterday instead of waiting until today. So today, I weighed in again and deleted yesterday’s weigh in and changed my weigh in day back to Friday in the system. Tricky. Tricky. And sad that I require these mind games!

What’s my new plan, you ask? I’m going to follow Simply Filling for at least a week. So far so good. It’s all a mind game, once again. I like that I can eat a variety of healthy foods and not have to count the points for them. But my trial run yesterday showed me that 1) I really need to get groceries, 2) I will have to practice moderation with foods that aren’t on the list of Simply Filling foods, 3) I feel so much better physically when I’m eating nutritious foods.

The last two days I’ve eaten oatmeal with fruit for breakfast along with a glass of milk. For a snack, I ate Smart Pop popcorn. I kind of overindulged for dinner at the in-law’s house because their cooking is just so good. Thankfully, there were also lots of veggies so I didn’t do too horribly.

I want to start seeing the weight come off again. I have been hovering around the same weight for far too long and it’s simply because I’m not staying on track—I quit counting my points.

I keep reminding myself that it’s not too late to change my habits so that the little one learns the skills for living a healthy life. She’s still a baby and I can still do this! But I also need to be very careful not to be too hard on myself and feel like a bad mother because I’m obese— I travel down that road far too often and I need to let go of guilt, per my therapist!

My only focus this week will be to follow the Simply Filling plan. Exercise will be an added benefit if I feel up to it. All too often I start something with great intentions such as, I’m going to eat X way, exercise 5x this week, drink 64 oz. of water, eliminate all sugar and carbs, only eat fat in the mornings, etc. etc. Nope, starting small again this time.

I have a feeling that I will get over the food boredom I’ve had lately once I start cooking those delicious meals with fresh and healthy foods!

 

How was your week? Did you meet any goals? Are you making any small changes? Do you have a favorite Simply Filling recipe to share?

6 comments :

  1. We have been off our schedule all this week since we were out of town Monday and then exhausted (and me sick!) from the trip we took Thursday through Monday. I managed to make it to the gym Tuesday for arm machines and 20 minutes of cardio, but I sniffled and had to breathe through my mouth the whole time. I slept late on Wed and didn't get to the gym. I had a full day yesterday with homeschool group and tennis lessons and didn't make it. Today, my hubby and kids are all going to a church meeting 2 hours away with some other people from our church. I am going to make sure I go to the gym after they get gone. Maybe I can even get over there tomorrow to make up for missing so much this week. Found out the gym is closed Monday for Labor Day. But if I start missing, I will keep missing until I FORCE MYSELF to drag back in the door, feeling like a failure! So my goals have def not been met this week. So glad you had a 2.2 loss. Yay! I need one of those. Lol

    As far as baby girl, yes she is young. Start now and start strong. I used to be so strict about my kids not having any soft drinks AT ALL except for very rarely a caffeine-free Sprite. Here lately, it is just about a once-a-week thing that they have some sort of caffeine-free coke item. They still aren't allowed to have the caffeinated beverages, but I somehow forgot it wasn't just the caffeine I was worried about. It is the empty calories and tons of sugar those things hold. Hubby won't let me give them diet drinks because he is scared of the aspartame. They got only 4 oz of juice a day as a baby and toddler, and even then I made it into 8 oz by adding water to cut the sweetness of it. Somehow I lost my way, and with my kids being so much older it's a definite shrugged shoulders and moping when I try to fix things. LOL Be strong, young mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Simply Filling--I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. I'm working on getting my focus back to healthy, nutritious foods. I've been seriously slacking on my planning and grocery shopping lately, and my eating is suffering because of it.

    I also worry about my kids picking up bad eating habits from me. I know that I'm doing the best I can with them though--my 4yo LOVES salad!--and they often see me getting ready to go exercise, so I hope that modeling those behaviors is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to try Simply Filling when I was on WW, but I never did. I didn't trust myself enough. Good luck with it the next week. I think what you are doing makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your progress! :D I try not to weigh myself as much anymore because it makes me paranoid, but just maintain an active lifestyle and hit the gym everyday. www.ufcgym.com has amazing kickboxing classes I love, and other great cardio and dance classes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your loss!! The simply filling sounds like a good thing to try to jump start things. It's always good to mix things up. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...