SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 14, 2015

8 Healthy Recipes for Fall

Fall is one of my favorite times of year for a variety of reasons, but fall food is definitely in the top three reasons!

8 Healthy Recipes for fall roundup

When the weather starts to get cooler, I find myself in the kitchen wanting to bake or cook. It can be a tough time to stay on track with health goals because I want to eat all of the yummy comfort foods. The good news is that there are so many recipes out there that are both healthy (lower calories/points) and comforting. Here is a roundup of fall recipes.

 

Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili

This recipe is healthy and deliciously tasty. When I cook this Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili from One Hundred Dollars a Month, we eat it topped with low fat cheese and a dab of 0% plain Greek yogurt along with a corn bread muffin topped with local honey. It’s so satisfying you would never believe how incredibly good for you it is.

 

Brooke: Not On A Diet's Meatless Monday Sassy Salsa Pumpkin Soup

This Hungry Girl Sassy Pumpkin Soup is full of flavor. This version of the recipe is featured on Brooke: Not on a Diet, and will be perfect after a day of apple picking.

 

Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes

You won’t miss French fries when you dive into this healthy alternative. Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes are wonderful dipped in ketchup. 4 PointsPlus of perfection.

 

Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe

These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos come out of the oven hot and crispy! You will love them.

 

Caramel Apple Nachos

I love caramel apples but I hate eating them from a stick. With this Caramel Apple Nachos recipe from The Pin Junkie, you can share with the entire family. Just go easy on the toppings!

 

Weight Watchers Pumpkin Mousse Recipe

At only 3 PointsPlus, this Pumpkin Mousse is the perfect dessert to round out a fall themed meal. This is always a hit!

 

crustlesspumpkinpie4

I don’t know of anyone who misses the crust when eating crustless pumpkin pie. The truth is, omitting the crust saves quite a few calories! The Crustless Pumpkin Pie shown above is featured on PreventionRD.com.

 

Moist Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe

I’m all about simple recipes and I love anything that can be quickly whipped together at the last minute. Moist Pumpkin Spice Cake is one of those recipes. You can also bake cupcakes with this recipe.

 

Share a link to your favorite fall recipe in the comments!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing my recipe! I'm more than ready for it to get a bit cooler out so we can enjoy it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy. I wish I could know the calories as I don't know much about ww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! The first two look delicious, easy, and cheap. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the quinoa chicken chili in the crockpot on monday night and decided to have it for breakfast Tuesday morning. It's so good that I have to portion out what I'm having or I will eat it even when I'm full!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...