SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Piece of my Mind

I’ve been trying to think of something to blog about all day today. It seems like the creativity flows with the ebb and tide. Sometimes I have all kinds of ideas dancing around in my head and the inspiration to write, and other times I just don’t feel inspired—even if I have existing ideas! This is one of those times I’m just feeling a little uninspired.

So I’ll just share a few random thoughts with you--a piece of my mind, if you will.

a piece of mind

  • Baby girl has been sick and I feel so bad for her. I can imagine just how she feels and I hate that there isn’t much I can do for her. Her fever went down this morning and is back up a little tonight. And now I’m starting to feel like I’m coming down with something too. I’m currently sipping on my trusty natural cold and sore throat remedy.
  • My eating has consisted of good moments and bad moments…and today there were probably more bad moments. What is wrong with me?
  • The above makes me feel like such a fraud and could be a contributing factor to my not feeling inspired to write. Maybe I should write about other things until I get my act together. Or maybe the whole point is to blog about all of it—the good, the bad, and the ugly—because that’s real life.
  • I feel like I was never made to be a keeper of the house. I’m pretty terrible at it. Being a SAHM and a house keeper are two different things in my book. Kudos to those of you who do both well.
  • I’m working on stopping these negative thoughts ASAP. One tip my psychiatrist gave me was the moment that I have a negative thought I need to tell myself that it’s a negative thought and that it’s not true. If I dwell on it then it will all spiral down hill. So true.
  • Remember the neighbor that came outside and yelled at me? Hubby had to drop something off at their house and brought baby girl with him. When they invited him into the house, baby girl would cry and cry while in the house but was perfectly fine when outside. Do you think babies sense things? Ha
  • My poor mother tripped and fell last Saturday and has a separated shoulder and a fracture, etc. She went to the ER and they put her arm in a sling so that she cannot move her arm away from her body. Can you believe that she has had to wait almost a week to see a doctor? That’s just crazy. But she goes in to the doctor tomorrow.
  • I’m proud of my dad for having lost 50 lbs. and I wish I could get started again!

 

I couldn’t be happier that tomorrow is Friday! Yay! I’m looking forward to hubby being home. Also, I look forward to taking a nap this weekend—haha. So exciting.

That’s all for now!

3 comments :

  1. Eek, your poor mother! And congrats to your dad. My dad has also recently lost weight. As far as keeping house, one thing that helped me was to schedule certain days for certain things. Laundry here is at least every other day now, although I prefer to do one load most every day because that just ensures that no one runs out of undies! Lol Six ppl create a lot of laundry. I would put vacuuming down for 2 days in a week, commode and tub one day every week, dusting one day each week, etc. I had them all on different days. Sure, the house never really got ALL clean at one time, but it did keep things pretty cleaned up. And if I wasn't able to do one of the things because of being gone all day or being sick, no big deal because I would be sure to make that item a priority the next week. Then homeschooling began and now I'm just happy to do laundry and dishes! :) You probably already are, but my advice to you as a parent would be to already enlist baby girl (once she's well, of course!!!) in cleaning up her own toys when she's done and even folding wash rags and putting her stuff in the sink or trash. At her age, you can make it so fun. It trains them to know they are needed in the home, have responsibilities, and it also can be made into learning experiences. "You are folding the green rag. Look! Now it's a square." Even though she's young, you'll be amazed later on. My kids knew their left from right pretty early because every day when dressing I would say, "Right arm in! Now left arm" as I was dressing them. Worked! I sure hope she feels better soon. We all got a touch of something here, but I by far had the worst case of it. Everyone else just had it about 2 days and seemed overall fine. Hard to watch your babies sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope your mom heals fast!! Have a good weekend and think positive thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is wrong with you! You are human, and it's just food. Are you still tracking? Maybe going back to writing down what you eat, and how you're feeling before/after you eat it would be helpful. Don't worry about the points or calories right now... just take it at face value.

    I'm amazed at people who can keep a house clean AND stay home with the kids. I certainly can't! I have a feeling it's more common than we think, but people just don't talk about the mess. That's what I tell myself anyway :)

    So sorry about your mom! That's awful. I can't believe they made her wait so long to see a doctor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...