SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weigh In Day

Wednesday through Saturday were fantastic days. On Saturday, I actually met a new low for me! I was so excited. On Sunday, we went to the in-law's for lunch and they made a huge meal with all kinds of delicious foods. That’s what threw me off. From then on, I started eating the wrong foods again and with it being finals week, I let stress control me.

That being said, I weighed in this morning and did not gain and did not lose. I stayed the same at 238, still maintaining 50 lbs lost. I’m trying not to beat myself up and look back on the week with regrets. I’m moving forward once again.

Today has gone fantastic. I got off work at 11 because I’m still on my school schedule. I picked up Subway for lunch and headed home to work on my very last project of the semester- a 12 page paper.

Once I got half way through, I took a break and decided it was time to start running again. I love how I feel after a run and I really want to be able to run a 5k, a marathon, and someday a triathlon. I have big dreams. :) I was so inspired by the Biggest Loser episode with the 5k. If they can do it, so can I!

This was the 2nd time I’ve done a week 4 workout of the c25k. I did well up until the very last 5 minute run. I couldn’t finish that last run the first time I did it either. I ran 1 minute, got a weird pain in my chest that I have never felt before, and decided I better just walk the rest of the way home. My max heart rate was 180 again, which worries me a bit. I’ll work my way into this and someday I will be able to do it!

I think that I have found where I have gone wrong this last little while. I have stopped exercising on a regular basis. But don’t worry. I am back at it. Instead of turning to exercise for stress relief, I started turning to food again. I’m glad that I have recognized this and I hope it helps me turn things around.

Time to finish up my paper and get it sent off! Have a great night!

3 comments :

  1. Great job on realizing so much of what was going on and making those changes!! That is half of it!!

    Good luck on your paper...I bet it feels SO great to be done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with all that running!And good luck with the paper! I guess once you send it off the stress will drop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running helped me drop the weight - I've hated running all my life as I'm a dancer...boy, how I wish I had tried running much earlier in my life instead of 46 years of age.
    Now addicted...keep going and take it easy, if you do to much in the beginning you end up giving it up...I walked then ran and so I improved in my running.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...