SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I have been back on track since getting home from the camping trip and lost the weight that I had gained while gone as of this morning. I’m hoping I keep it off for weigh in tomorrow! I want to lose at least 1 lb. so that I can get started on this 20 lb. challenge I have set for myself for this summer.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping after work. I get groceries every week, just filling what we’re out of and so forth. But I found some great deals this time! Here’s what I got:

Groceries 002

So in this picture you can see:

  1. Toasted Wheat thins- these are for my hubby and I ended up getting them for $1.98.
  2. Jolly Time Healthy Pop Kettle Corn- This is my lifesaver. Whenever I’m feeling snacky- I eat this and a while bag is only a couple of points! I never eat this on the day before weigh in though because I can be assured I will gain weight the next day from the sodium.
  3. Whole wheat rotini
  4. Whole wheat bread- on sale for .99. I think this bread is usually 3.49 or so?
  5. Earth grains thin buns- These make lunches less points- always a great thing!
  6. SUnflower butter- I have yet to try this but it was on sale for just over $2. Anyone had this?

Groceries 003

In this picture you can see:

  1. Nutri-Grain whole grain waffles- 1 point a piece. We eat those with sugar free syrup- delicious and low in points!
  2. Pizza crust mix- maybe not the healthiest, but convenient.
  3. 2 boxes of Kashi cereal. I got these for $1.99 a box! Amazing. I love this cereal!
  4. 1 container of Greek Yogurt- The price is a bit much for me, but I treat myself to one a week.
  5. YoLite Strawberry yogurt- Hubby and I eat 1/2 cup of this in our lunches quite often with fresh fruit mixed in.
  6. Ragu- Light alfredo sauce- convenience and delicious!
  7. Fat free refried beans for Mexican dinners
  8. A can of pineapple for pizzas!
  9. Swiss Cheese- I love the flavor of it and it makes sandwiches so much more delicious.
  10. Whole wheat tortillas
  11. 2 luna bars at .50 a piece!

Groceries 004

  1. 1% milk
  2. Bananas
  3. Pink lady Apples
  4. an Onion
  5. Oranges
  6. Baby carrots
  7. Strawberries
  8. Ore-Ida sweet potato fries- Again, maybe not the healthiest but these are delicious! Hubby and I eat 1/2 of a serving size with a meal for 2 points.
  9. Tofu- This is new to me, I’ve never had it before. It was on sale for $1.99 and I’ve been wanting to try it. I found a recipe that looks pretty good so I’m going to give it a try this week!

Just thought I’d share my groceries for the week. By no means is this all that I’m eating this week, just filling up the cupboards!

6 comments :

  1. Looks like some good eats, along with some great deals!!

    Fingers crossed for your WI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a well stocked pantry! The pics look yummy ;) .

    Good luck for your WI tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually buy the 100 calorie packs of popcorn, is this popcorn good? the 1 point on WW jolly time tastes kind of stale to me, but Kettle corn flavor??? hum ... I will check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another interesting blog....love seeing the American foods...wow..we have such boring things compared to you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what people buy at the grocery store! You are my kind of grocery shopper. I love all your picks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...