SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend: Sunday and Monday

Sunday morning, hubby and I ate breakfast outside on the deck. I wish we had a deck, we’d probably eat every meal outside! So pretty and quiet in the morning. I had 1 cup of cheerios w/ 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/2 of a banana sliced on top. Mixed with 1/2 cup of milk. I also drank 1 cup of 100% orange juice. Delicious! It was 6 points, which seems to be average for breakfast for me.

For lunch, I had a boneless, skinless chicken thigh- grilled and BBQ’d- Yum!! 1/2 cup of Mom’s baked beans, 1/2 cup coleslaw, and a tiny bite of my brother’s burgers that he seasons. 4 cups of iced tea. It was a perfect summer meal and so delicious and I couldn’t believe it only came out to 7.5 points. I made myself stop eating the baked  beans- I love those, but I know they can get high in points.

Something went wrong w/ hubby’s truck, so he and my Dad worked on getting that fixed almost all afternoon. The AC isn’t going to work until we can get it back to our shop in town, but at least it will drive!

When that was fixed, we were able to go down to a beautiful path by the river and go biking. My brother bought some in-line skates to go with us. We wanted to go geocaching, and tried, but forgot our GPS for that and tried to use the one for the car but it just wasn’t as accurate. It was a little disappointing trip because we didn’t get the mileage we wanted because my brother obviously couldn’t skate as fast as we can bike. Plus, someone stole my Schwinn digital odometer. I looked down, and it was gone. This trail wasn’t that long and we went back to everywhere we had been and it wasn’t there. There are some shady people in this town, so I wouldn’t be surprised if someone swiped it. So I need to buy a new one of those. I wanted to track our mileage all summer and now I’ve lost that. I know it was probably around 30+ miles or so for the summer, so I guess I could set it at that when I buy a new one. But I did burn 362 calories, and I was ok with that, it’s something!Here are some photos:

May2010 005

This is actually where we were supposed to get married, but the weather didn’t cooperate. But our wedding photos were taken here- so pretty!

May2010 006

May2010 015

May2010 007

May2010 012

By the time we got home, it was supper time. Mom and Dad bought a Delite Papa Murphy’s pizza and topped it w/ veggies. 3 points per piece! I ended up eating 3 pieces for 9.5 points because it was so delicious. I avoided the regular pop and hubby ran up to the gas station and got me a diet Pepsi because I was craving it and had already drank a TON of water! Isn’t he sweet? :) I had about 1/2 cup of strawberries for dessert.

After supper, my brother, hubby and I went slick track go cart racing. I don’t remember the last time that I did that. It was fun, but I probably wouldn’t spend $8 on it any time soon. I don’t like it as much as hubby and my brother! Then we went to Dairy Queen, where they now sell the mini blizzards, they are the perfect size! Mine was 7 points, still high, but 1/2 the points of the smalls, and that’s awesome!

We stopped at Red box and got The Blind Side. It was a good movie, but I think I fell asleep in an important part of the movie and woke up for the end, which was a little confusing. I snacked on some Smart Pop popcorn while watching the movie. And then I went to bed!

On Monday, we went to an awesome grocery store to stock up on great deals on produce. Here is what I got (all for $43!):

May2010 020 

After that, we headed home. We stopped at Subway for lunch and also had a scoop of ice cream on the way home. I think I had ice cream everyday this weekend! I probably could have skipped it today, it was 8 points and I really could have used them later on. But I’m still on track and within my points, so it’s all good.

Tonight, we’re just working on getting a PC set up and relaxing. I’m glad it’s only a 4 day work week!

7 comments :

  1. That is some beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pix!! :) Congrats on getting out and getting active. AND on keeping control of your food! Yum! Sounds like you had some wonderful treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! Great job with being control so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place and well done on all the calories burned....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful location and great pictures. Congratulations on keeping your calories at the right level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful weekend and gorgeous place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunday morning with hubby and you ate breakfast outside on the deck is such a wonderful morning. You ate such a tasty breakfast. All the pictures are looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...