SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sick

I've been thinking I would just stay off of here for a while and not post but the more I think about it, doing that is going to lead me farther away from my goals.

So here I am. I am not back down to 247, but I am not up to my last weigh in either.

I am officially sick now. I have been all week. I've done lots of sleeping and hoping this gets better before I have to make a visit to the doctor. I have the same thing I had in March. It's a cough and chest cold, but no stuffy nose. I have a hard time breathing.

So, exercise has been put on hold. I don't want to cause anymore problems. I have found myself wanting to eat those comfort foods that people on diets shouldn't be eating. And yes, I have given in and eaten them too.

I really need to get groceries and get some healthy foods in the house. So today, that's what I'm going to do. We're also going to the in law's to make Apple cider. They have this hand crank machine that you stick the apples in and out comes the apple juice. :) Yum! They have quite a few apple trees, so hopefully we'll get some apples this year too.

So that's what's going on with me lately. I'm feeling pretty discouraged but it's my own fault. I got my heart rate monitor in the mail yesterday and can't wait to use it when I feel better. Why do I feel guilty for not exercising when I know that I shouldn't do it? I've had colds like this turn into pneumonia before because of exercising when I was sick and I don't want that to happen again!

I guess I'll just have to wait it out!

3 comments :

  1. Take care of yourself and feel better. Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so excessively discouraged during times of stagnation. Either just keep at it, or set aside a week (after you get well again) to just kickstart yourself again with a boost! What's your methodology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait it out! Do not work out when you're sick. I think we put so much emphasis on working out that we forget how very important rest is to our bodies, when we're sick or otherwise.

    There are always little bumps in our journey. Instead of getting discouraged, we should just recognize them for what they are. Rest up, feel better, and your perspective will be better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...