SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 21, 2008

World's best Husband

I have the best husband in the world! On the weekends he will work out with me. While I'm on the treadmill, he'll ride the bike and then we'll switch. It's so encouraging to have him with me and the time passes a lot faster. He'll give me the high fives like Jim and Pam on the office. :-P Maybe we're a little nerdy but it keeps me going!

I tried to do sit ups today and could only do 10!! How terrible is that? But, it's a starting point and I'm going to do 10 a day now until I can increase it. I'm already able to increase my running since I started. I run at 5 mph and feel like I am trying to outrun the treadmill, so it may be time to up the speed a little bit too. I don't want to push myself. My goal this time is to take things slow so I don't get disappointed and give up. I don't care if it takes me 3 years to lose this weight, as long as I do it this time!

I found a new fruit at Sam's club that I love! They sell a big box of clementines. I had never had them before and I love them! They're so much easier to peel than the ordinary oranges and only 1/2 pt for 1 small. I go to Sam's club to buy most of my fruit. They are so much cheaper than all of the other stores and you get so much more. I was disappointed that they aren't selling the plums anymore, they are SOOOO good too.

I've been thinking about the Holiday season and my struggle with sweet stuff. I know it is unrealistic to say that I am not going to eat any sweet treats between now and New Years so I am going to make sure I limit myself. I feel like if I try to deny them to myself, I'll just fail and feel bad about myself. Besides, if this is a lifelong journey, I can't deny them to myself forever. Moderation is the key. I think this is a huge thing for me to work on. I can eat the "forbidden" foods, but I cannot devour everything in sight.

1 comment :

  1. awww, loren is a sweet heart. good to have someone who helps you keep on going. - angie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...