SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 29, 2008

After Christmas Crunch

The Christmas holiday went ok food wise. I definitely didn't eat like I would have last year. I limited myself on the sweets and worked on portion control at dinners. When I got home I had gained .8 and now I am up about 1 lb. After all of the rich foods I had over the past few days I am ready for the healthy food again! I have just felt terrible.

I did my run/walk yesterday and did a 50 minute workout today with my new exercise ball. I can't believe how sore I am! I got the Reebok 65 in. ball w/ workout DVD at Target and it really works me out! I'm hoping this will help in addition to my run/walk 3 days a week.

With January 1st coming around, a lot of people are focusing on New Years resolutions. After reading Mike Huckabee's weight loss book titled Stop Digging Your Grave with Your Knife and Fork (which is what really got me motivated to try losing weight again), I have started to look at weight loss differently. So this year I am not going to say, "I want to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year." I don't care how long it takes me to lose the weight, I just want to lose it! I'm not going to use any Holiday as a goal for when to start or when to lose a certain amount of weight by. Instead, I want to come up with monthly goals that incorporate my health and fitness. Obviously, I want to track my weight loss and continue losing, so 4 lbs a month is usually my goal. I know that if I am not losing that amount, then I need to step it up a little bit. Usually I have lost more, so I know that I am on the right track. But this isn't my focus. So, I'm still thinking about what some of my January goals will be and hope to have them posted soon!

1 comment :

  1. I'm totally with ya on that!

    I'm back in the game and totally determined :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...