SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sweets and Emotions

I am already feeling the effects of the Holidays. Yesterday, a coworker gave me a tin full of Christmas candies. I wish I could say that "I didn't even want to eat them!" But I can't. Sweets are my struggle. This time around I have been focusing on the emotional side of why I eat the way I do sometimes and what makes me crave the sweet stuff. I find that when I'm stressed out I tend to turn to something sweet, but then again when I'm really happy I feel like I can eat the sweet stuff and it won't affect me. Now that I know where I fall, I can keep myself from falling, or so I hope!

I got my 3 days of exercise in this week! I'm really proud of that. Since I am done with the semester I have a few more hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays before work and it's perfect for my workouts. I know I should probably get up in the morning to get my workouts in, but waking up at 4:30 would be too hard and possibly cut my sleep short. I'm going to have to motivate myself to workout in the evenings when school starts again.

I asked a trainer on WW.com if I was getting enough exercise or if I needed to increase it. She said that I was off to a great start but to try to incorporate some weight training in to my workout so that I get a full body workout. I need to try to find some sort of weight set that would be inexpensive. I used to workout at Curves but I found it really hard to get there since I work so far away from where I live. Curves was practically across the street from work, but I am so mentally exhausted by the end of a work day I need a little while to relax and found myself not being so faithful in going, which is a waste of money. I am much more faithful working out at home on the treadmill and bike, plus I think I workout a lot harder. I do miss the weight training there though. Another suggestion was to try to work out harder in small bouts during my workout. Today I ran at 5.5 mph instead of my usual 5 mph for part of the time.

Today is my last day of work until January 5th! My husband and I are both taking the whole time off with our saved up vacation time. We're really excited! We will be with my family over Christmas and that can sometimes be a struggle as I try to eat healthy because we all love to eat. Otherwise, I feel like I am able to eat healthier when I am at home than when I am at work, so I'm hoping for some losses over the break! Tomorrow is my weigh in day--- Wish me luck! I'm thinking I'll have a big loss based on the scale this morning, but we'll have to see what tomorrow brings! :)

1 comment :

  1. Hope your WI yesterday went well!

    I really struggle with the sweets too, so I feel your pain. But if they're not around, I won't eat 'em.

    Great job on the activity that you got in this week. I really need to start back at it. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...