SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 25, 2014

29

On Tuesday I celebrated my 29th birthday. The last year of my 20s.

Wow.

I know age is just another number in our number centric world but being on the brink of my 30s makes me do some thinking.

I am very happy with my life and all of the steps along the way that have gotten me to where I am today. I have a better husband than I deserve, we have a beautiful and healthy baby girl, and we’re all three happy. I am content with (and thankful for) the important things in life.

However, I continue with my struggle at being the person I want to be and looking the way I want to look.

I came so so so so close to meeting my weight goals in my 20s. And here I am basically starting over again. And again. And again. I have one more year left of my 20s and I want to make it count.

I don’t like how I feel and I don’t like how I look. By the time I’m 30, I would like to be back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. That’s doable—it just requires some commitment.

Turning 30 won’t be the end of my youth—it’s just a number. But I’d like to make it the decade where I finally meet my goals and become the person that I want to be. This last year of my 20s will be the beginning.

Happy birthday to me!

P.S. Don’t miss out on the Valentia Even Glow Serum Giveaway, especially if you’re like me and want to prevent aged looking skin as you get older!

4 comments :

  1. Hope you had a nice birthday. :) I turned 35 this year. I felt like you. Reflection. And I was so disappointed that I haven't succeeded at losing weight since I was like 26 or something! Time just zooms by, and instead of smaller I got bigger. :::sigh::: But life goes on! And second chances are still available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Alissa. Best wishes for a healthy and happy year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Turning 30 was hard for me -- filled with regret on things I wished I had done differently or disappointment in things not accomplished... Turning 40 NEVER FELT BETTER -- I was able to reflect on the things I had changed and accomplished in the past decade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! This will be a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...