SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Day of Hungry Girl Recipes

It’s that time again. Back to the daily grind. I slept so well last night after that 5k run last night. I love this weather where you can snuggle up under the warm covers and it’s cold outside. I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning!

For breakfast, I had a sandwich thin topped with peanut butter and a banana along with a cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

10410 003

I made myself a French Vanilla Caramel Cream flavored coffee with a little fat free vanilla creamer for .5 point. This stuff is AMAZING!

10410 004

I spent my break preparing my lunch, so I didn’t eat a snack. But for lunch, I had a recipe out of my new Hungry Girl cookbook. The Veggie Tuna Wrap Explosion. This was simply amazing. The recipe calls for one tortilla but I couldn’t fit it all in one (I had the little ones), so I had 2, but they were really low point. This was 4 points of amazing deliciousness. I also had 12 Special K Tomato Basil crackers for 1 point.

10410 007

For dessert, I had one of my favorites, 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries for 1.5 points.

10410 008

For my last break I had a cup of Naked Mighty Mango for 3 points. Look what Hubby found at Sam’s Club:

10410 009

10410 010 

That’s right- a HUGE bottle of it that was VERY reasonably priced!!! Awesome find! I love this flavor, too!

For supper, it was another Hungry Girl Recipe. This time I made Kickin’ Chicken Pot Pie. The point value in the cookbook is 5 points per serving, but online it says 4. I will stick w/ the 5. I had 1 1/2 servings for 7.5 points. Lots of veggies per serving! I am not very good with dough, so ignore how ugly this looks. lol.

10410 011

10410 012

This was pretty good, although I am not a huge fan of frozen veggies.

Dessert was yet another Hungry Girl recipe- Yum Yum Brownie Muffins. This was 4 points.

10410 013

I bought those pretty pumpkin muffin cups at Walmart this weekend- so cute! :) A lot better than the snowmen ones I’ve been using all year. lol

These are pretty good but I’m not sure if they are worth 4 points. The good news is that they’re made with pumpkin!

After supper, I worked on a homework assignment. I feel so much more pressure in my English major class than my elective course. There is much more attention to detail, perfection, and very smart people in the English classes. I guess that’s a good thing, but it makes it more stressful for me. But I’ll survive, I’m sure. I only have one more core English class left anyways. ;)

While I was doing my homework, I looked down and had to laugh at this.

10410 014

I don’t know what she was looking at?! lol

After that, hubby and I headed out for our run. It was pitch black dark outside and the trail isn’t lit at all. So we ran 1 mile. It felt good to go a shorter distance after yesterdays 5k run. I burned 303 calories. The total time for 40 minutes, with a mile run within that time.

We saw a little snake on our run, but I think it was dead. Pretty disgusting!! I scared hubby half to death when I yelled, “Watch out for the snake!!” :) It was just a teeny tiny one though. I’m sure he was imagining a rattlesnake or something based on my reaction!

I ended the day with 4.5 points left. I don’t think I am going to eat anymore. I did enough damage this weekend, it’s not going to hurt me not to eat anymore tonight. :)

I hope you all had a great Monday!!

6 comments :

  1. Wow girl!! Look at all those great "makes" you had today!! Everything looks SO good!!

    Great job on getting your exercise in too! Ekk...snakes give me the creeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pot pie recipe looks good plus easy!

    My fave muffins is spice cake + 1 can pumpkin, I believe they are 1pt. Family favorite here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious!

    I love naked juice. I don't drink it much these days since it's pricey and caloric, but it's also really, really healthy as long as you have the calories/points for it. Blue Machine and Mighty Mango were my favorite flavors.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....the Hungry Girl recipes look great!!! Your kitty is hilarious!!! Maybe she was checking her Catbook status? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of your cat is awesome! :) And those muffins look so delicious. -Natalia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...