SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Unavoidable

I guess it was just wishful thinking that I wouldn’t get the stomach flu since I haven’t had it since I was in 3rd grade. I’m 24 years old. I guess I’ve been lucky!

I woke up at 2:30 AM feeling nauseous and fun the continued from there- ugh!

So I called in to work, which will be my 2nd day in a row now. I hope I’m feeling better by tomorrow. I can’t believe that it will be Friday tomorrow!

So my day has consisted of waking up this morning, taking a hot bath and going back to bed. It seems like I can be up for about 2 hours and then feel to sick to stand or sit. Nothing helps but laying down flat on my back.  So then I would go back to sleep for another 1- 1 1/2 hours and the trend has continued. I’m going to try to stay up now so that I can sleep tonight.

I’ve been drinking 7 up and recently a glass of water. At 2:30 I decided to try 1/2 of an Arnold sandwich thin and so far it is staying down- 10 minutes later. So I might try some chicken noodle soup tonight and see how that goes.

Hubby stayed home again today and it was really nice to have him here. He’s been taking good care of me. :)

I’m sure that I will lose weight tomorrow morning but I know it’s not “real.” I always get excited seeing low numbers on the scale when I’m sick and then it’s a little depressing to gain it back a few days later.

Looks like my plans for the weekend are to sanitize the house!

10 comments :

  1. Hah..that's the first thing I thought. Well, it'll bring a loss for sure!! Sorry you aren't feeling very well! I hope it subsides soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I feel for you with the sickness. I used to attempt to get better as soon as possible but what I was really doing was not letting my body heal and rest like it needed to. I pushed myself too early and then got sick again! gah!

    feel better!!

    Leila
    www.healthyshelah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your bug goes away soon. That just sucks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry you're sick. :( That bites. Hope you feel better very soon. Bathe in hand sanitizer. Use Lysol as your perfume. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Mae. I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that you're feeling so crummy. Get lots of sleep and take it easy this weekend. Hope you are feeling like yourself soom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu sure will lose weight, pity you have to lose it feeling so terrible...
    Hope you feel better soon...
    WE eat dry toast when we have stomach flu, but I personally have not had stomach flu..always happens to the thin girls!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO! I'm so sorry - that is the worst way to be sick.
    Take care of yourself and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...