SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Health!

I’m feeling MUCH better today, THANKFULLY!

We even went to go get groceries this afternoon and stopped at Panera bread for lunch. I had their new Medditeranian Salmon Salad. This was really delicious and I would recommend giving it a try next time you’re there. I always get the You Pick 2 Combo, and the half salad is 6 points. It’s great that Panera has a nutrition calculator on their website now too!

I got lots of goodies at the grocery store. It’s really funny about a big container of blueberries gets me just about excited as I would have been, pre-lifestyle change, to buy a candy bar. I’m looking forward to having 1/2 cup of them in my oatmeal tomorrow morning!

I had a funny dream last night that has stuck with me. For some reason we were making sweatshirts. I really don’t know why? lol But I was so determined in my weight loss and lifestyle change efforts that I wanted to come up with the perfect saying to have put on the front of my sweatshirt. I decided to go with a black sweatshirt and in pink lettering I wanted it to say, “Don’t Quit!” I love that! I don’t want to quit. :)

Hubby is gone off to a retirement party for his colleague. I am going to be working on homework. I have a healthy supper planned of a chicken breast and a little bit of rice and green beans. I mistakenly came upon a good combination. I make enough rice for one serving and use JUST A TAD of blue cheese salad dressing and mix it into the rice. It gives it this wonderful flavor. Looking forward to that tonight!

I just want to say how thankful I am to have health. I think that I have taken it for granted but when you get sick, you realize how wonderful life really is when you’re feeling good! More the reason to continue with this healthy lifestyle I have begun to create for myself and my husband- AND our family one day! :)

Sorry this post is jumbled! Have a great one! :)

5 comments :

  1. Glad you are feeling so much better today. I had a friend who loved ranch dressing and would put it on rice, or baked potatoes or anything! Your bleu cheese and rice made me think of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have been so ill, but glad you are on the mend! I can really relate to what you are saying about getting excited over the blueberries. I have things like that too, that I enjoy and look forward to now, as much as I did the junk food before. It's great that our tastes are changing. That's cute about the dream...maybe you should really make those. Either way, I am with you on that motto, Don't Quit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear you're feeling better & I totally know what you're talking about w/appreciating your health! i felt the same way yesterday.

    i get excited about healthy eats i pick up as well...like you said, just "dont quit"!!

    hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to read you feeling so much better...a good feeling for sure.

    I love the *Don't Quit* - its something I can add to my mantra's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dream and Don't Quit!

    The food sounds good! I never thought of putting blue cheese in with my rice. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...