SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 13, 2009

How Long?

I feel like I'm running behind. At the beginning of this journey I set a goal to lose an average of 1 lb. per week. That worked for a long time and many times I was above goal. During the month of April I gained 1 lb. Not much losing going on there for 4 weeks! I have been struggling to meet this 30 lb goal since I met my 20 lb goal on February 25th. Wow, that's a long time!! Isn't 4 months WAY too long to be trying to lose 10 lbs? I should have lost 16 lbs. in that time frame to meet my 1 lb. a week goal. I've lost 8 lbs. according to my last weigh in.

I know weight loss slows down after the initial big losses you have at the beginning, but I don't think it should be slowing down this much. My average weight loss per week since starting back in October 2008 is .6 lb. I know I can increase this if I just try harder! The important thing for me is to not look at this as a diet or I will definitely fall off of the wagon. I cannot forbid myself foods or I will come to breaking point and eat too much of the forbidden food (i.e. Chocolate).

The cool thing is, I used to have this addiction to chocolate and if there was chocolate in the house, I would eat 10 pieces before I knew it. Now, I can have a bag of Dove Chocolate in the house and it will be there for a month. Amazing. There are little changes taking place that hopefully will make a big difference in the long run. Last week, my husband and I went through 4 lbs of strawberries, 7 peaches, 1 pineapple one bunch of bananas, and many veggies on top of that. Pretty good considering the fact that I had a hard time incorporating fruits and veggies into my diet at the beginning of this journey.

I want to lose faster and I know if I try harder, I will lose it faster! I need to work out more and eat less sweets. But more importantly, I made a promise to myself (to all of you and to my family) at the beginning of this journey that this time was THE TIME. I am going to lose the weight and keep it off. Does it really matter how long it takes me to get there? Probably not. Do I want to see results RIGHT NOW? Yes, I do. But what's most important is that I keep on walking (running, biking) on this journey, not only to thin, but most importantly, to HEALTH.

3 comments :

  1. amen sister! I've been struggling this week, too much beer and wine but I'm back this morning. The thing that you said that I agree with most is that you are making better choices...do you still make the occasional bad one..yes...but you think before you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Struggles are a pain in the rear end.
    They happen to the best of us!

    Keep trucking and remember you made it this far don't turn around.

    Sometimes when we get into a typical routine we tend to get off track. Keep things new and interesting and you will be rocking the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always feeling "behind" my goal. Always. When I put a time line on it, or some kind of cut off- or whatever. I don't follow it and get really down on myself. When I started with the bodybugg thing in April I started losing three pounds a week for six weeks! On my calendar I wrote out a three pound loss for the rest of the year; I was so excited that I left no room for error, plateaus, or anything human! I think that is why I fell hard and fast into a slump. I know that the more rigid I am with time, the more I find myself feeling bad.

    I hope you set moderate goals for yourself, but still keep in mind that you are a human being!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...