SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Chance At Running

I've decided to try the couch to 5k again. I have never gotten past the first week. Not that I've given up after the first week, but I stay at the first week for weeks on end because it stays hard enough!!

This time I went on iTunes and downloaded a free podcast for a couch to 5k. There is a voice that tells me when to run and when to walk. He offers encouraging words as you go. I really liked it!

The things is, I haven't run for so long that it's really hard for me now. At one point, I had to walk through a run. I stopped it at 20 minutes because by listening to my body, that's what I needed to do. This was why I decided I shouldn't run the last time. So maybe if I just listen to my body and walk or stop when I think I need to, I won't have any scary feelings in my arms and chest. I felt really dizzy when I was done. I think these are just indications of how out of shape I am.

Needless to say, I feel amazing. Even if I didn't finish the entire run, I STARTED!!

2 comments :

  1. I used those podcasts, too. Are they Robert's? There was only 1 week where I didn't like the music, but other than that - these were super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Running is hard but I hear it is worth it. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...