SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Farmer’s Market

So I’ve been meaning to catch the Farmer’s Market here in town for a long time but I kept forgetting about it. I remembered today so I ran up to the park and didn’t see the white tents that I was expecting like the big Farmer’s Market they always had in the other town I lived in. I finally spotted some old people at cardboard tables. Three tables total. Not too much of a Farmer’s Market yet! It may as well have been a bake sale…there were so many delicious looking baked goods! Especially the Kolaches, which I had never heard of until moving here! They’re delicious, by the way. But, I didn’t want to leave without buying something because I didn’t want to be rude! So, despite the fact that we don’t have a popcorn popper, I bought some organic popping corn. I absolutely LOVE popcorn.

Random 004

But the seller told me that it is hull less, which is pretty cool! So I came home and found directions for making popcorn on the stove top! I felt like a little kid watching the popcorn pop. haha, yes i’m a bit of a nerd. But, the good news is, it is delicious white popcorn and very healthy because I cooked it in olive oil.

Random 005

So it was a good find! I just hope they have more fresh fruits and veggies as the summer goes on!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...