SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Right On Track

I meant to wake up at 6 AM this morning to work on reading for school, but the wind was hollowing outside making our old house creak, and it felt so warm and cozy under those covers that I reset the alarm for 7 and went back to sleep. I could have slept all day today!

For breakfast, I had 1 cup of oats with 1 tsp PB and a banana sliced on top along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 6.5 points.

102810 001

Oatmeal is always a good start to the day. It’s filling and makes me feel healthy. Add that PB, even just a tsp. and it’s even more filling!

Mom left at the same time that I did. I was sad to see her go! We had a lot of fun! Thanks for coming, Mom! I wouldn’t mind if she came back every week hubby was gone. lol So, I headed to school. It was SO cold today!

102810 004

Walking across campus wasn’t very fun. It’s definitely time to get out those winter coats! I need to try mine on and see if they even fit anymore…

On the way to class I had 1/2 of a Naked Strawberry Banana for 3 points.

102810 002

For lunch, I had leftover BBQ chicken, 1 cup of green beans, and a slice of homemade toast with blueberry jam for 7 points. That is steam in the picture, not a ghost. Winking smile

102810 005

For dessert, I had a No Pudge! brownie for 2 points.

102810 006

Before signing in to work, I made pumpkin spice coffee and added some creamer for .5 point.

102810 007

It was everything I could do not to eat some peanuts and candy corn, but I knew that I couldn’t possibly be hungry after that big lunch and that I could save it for later if I was still craving it tonight after work. So I walked out of the kitchen triumphantly!

I received some fun UPS shipments in the mail today, so stay tuned for some posts on those in the next 2 weeks! PSSST there could be another giveaway! Smile A really good one! Winking smile

After work, I talked to my sister for a while and then hubby called so I talked to him for a while. He comes home tomorrow!! Can’t wait to see him!

I really wanted to ride the stationary bike, but it wasn’t working. I changed the batteries and no luck. So I will have to have hubby take a look at it when he is home this weekend.

So I hopped on the treadmill. I walked .25 mile, ran 1 mile, walked .25 mile, ran 1 mile and then walked the last .50 mile. A total of 3 miles! It felt wonderful! I also did intervals of running 5.5 mph. That’s the fastest I have ever run and I can DO IT! I want to see how fast I can run, even if it is just for a short period of time, but I don’t want to be too experimental while hubby isn’t home, just in case! Winking smile I haven’t listened to my iPod while running for a LONG time- since hubby and I have been running together and we talk while we run. So it was fun to listen to my music! I also read my newest issue of WW magazine while I ran. I burned 515 calories. I have completed 5.8 miles of my 100 mile challenge now!

Someone asked for the details of my challenge, it’s really pretty simple! I am going to bike, walk and run 100 miles from October 27th- November 28th. It’s just a simple goal to track my progress and keep me active while hubby is away for work- if you want to join in, feel free to! Also, don’t forget The Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k!!

I emailed WW to find out how to calculate AP’s from calories burned with a HR monitor. Their response was that they don’t have an answer and that I should use the activity tracker. Come on, really? I don’t eat my activity points, but I would like to know how to calculate them correctly. I remember someone told me once, but I’ve forgotten. But seriously…lots of people use HR monitors these days and being as big as WW is (no pun intended tehehe) you’d think they would have that information or a calculator for it as part of their online tools. I suppose I could provide feedback instead of just complaining about it. Winking smile

For supper, I made up another new HG recipe. Big surprise, huh? Open-mouthed smileShe’s my new hero! I had the Yumtastic Breakfast Burrito and the name was very fitting! It doesn’t get any better than bacon, cheese and egg (beaters), does it? I don’t have the same size tortillas that she calls for in the recipe, so I used 2 little ones and mine came out to 4 points.

102810 009

I also had 1/2 cup of canned peaches with 1 sliced banana for 3.5 points.

102810 008

This was the PERFECT supper for tonight- SO good!

I was craving a little something more, so while I’m typing this, I’m slowly snacking on 2 points worth of candy corn and peanut mix. Much more enjoyable now than just trying to eat my emotions at lunchtime!

102810 012

So I ended out my day perfectly! That’s 2 days in a row that my points have been on target- and I’ve been getting in exercise. I have to keep this up and I will see results!

I was also asked for the Veggie Tuna Wrap Explosion recipe from HG, you can find it here, with what looks like the rest of the cookbook….not sure why I bought it? lol

I also want to say thank you for a couple of awards I was given today. I received the Versatile blogger award from Girly Girl: Losing the Gut and Weight Watcher Ramblings , thank you! SmileI will try to post the 7 things about myself some other time. I appreciate the awards, that’s so sweet of you both!

I’m so happy that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Any big plans for the weekend?

9 comments :

  1. Oh! thanks for the details and the recipe :D! I have already covered 15 miles since Oct 27th. I'll put up a tracker on my blog :)

    Thanks for the recipe! I love wraps!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's cold!
    Results are forthcoming -
    It is inevitable!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the great loss this week!

    The answer to the calorie/heart rate monitor question...every 100 calories burned = 1 AP.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with your eating and your activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the weather didn`t get the memo that it should be fall weather and not winter weather. I heard that here in PA we are suppose to get snow flurries by the end of the week. Not thrilled.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The NAKED juices are so good. I can't bring myself to try the green one, even though people say it's good.
    YAY for FRIDAY! My plans are running, baking, celebrating my sister & bro-in-law anniversary and keeping my fingers crossed for trick or treaters Sunday. If we don't get andy T or T's, all that candy is mine. Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT day!! Got in your exercise, ate your points, you go girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO on track!!!!!!! And I'm going to have to check out this HG book. The recipes look great!! Have a good weekend (I'm sure we'll be in touch :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really nice to visit your site, You're doing great!-Dad

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...