SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Workout Buddy Saved the Day

It’s finally Friday! I’m always happy that it’s Friday but I know I’ll be a lot happier at 5 PM than I am when I wake up at 5 AM and have a long day to face. :)

For breakfast this morning I had a sandwich thin (1/2 of it all broken up!) topped with peanut butter and a banana along with a cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

10810 020

I bet you’re getting tired of the same pictures of my stainless steel coffee mug…so today I tried something different although I am no good at pouring coffee with my right hand and trying to take a picture with my left. ;) Basically, I had coffee with creamer for .5 point.

10810 021

On my first break I had 1 cup of grapes for 1 point.

10810 022

For lunch, I had leftover HG Sassy Salsa Pumpkin Soup for 2 points, along with a salad made up of lettuce, tomato, avocado and light ranch dressing for 3 points.

10810 024

10810 023

I am terrible about eating my veggies, so I thought a salad would be a good opportunity to get some veggies in. It was delicious! Plus, the soup was filled with veggies, too.

Dessert was a 1/2 cup of light yogurt with 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries for 1.5 points.

10810 025

For supper, I had a ham and cheese omelet and I had a try at making homemade Swedish pancakes for 11 points.

10810 026

The Swedish pancakes were actually really good! I just need to learn how to cook a thin pancake without it falling apart.

For dessert, I had a serving of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream for 5 points.

10810 027

After supper I read a few blogs and took it easy. I really wanted to just go to bed, but hubby was bound and determined we were going to go running- and I knew he was right. I am so glad that he pushed me to get out there. My knee started hurting immediately- so bad I couldn’t run. So I stopped and stretched it and rubbed it a little and then I could at least run, although it still hurt. We did a walk/run for 2 miles, we ran 1.15 miles straight. It was fun just to run around town for once, so we weren’t sure how far we had gone until we came home and mapped it. It was a nice short run tonight, but I burned 270 calories. Thanks for saving the day, my favorite workout buddy! ;)

Now we’re going to sit back and watch The Tooth Fairy. I hope it’s good! I might have some Jolly Time popcorn- and we picked up some diet cherry Pepsi. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned but we don’t keep pop in the house anymore. Every now and again we buy a little bottle when we’re craving it. I don’t know if I notice a difference at all, I’ve always drank diet pop anyways, but I feel like it’s probably better for our health. 

I used my points exactly for the day- so I will probably use 1 weekly point for the Jolly Time. You can’t go wrong there!

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments :

  1. Kudos to your workout buddy! ;) Great job on getting your workout in & pushing through when it was tough!! DETERMINATION!!!

    Happy weekend, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its great on days where u not in the mood to workout to have a workout buddy to push you....I find I am that person always....I do the pushing...but this coming week with my neighbor on holiday I am going to have to push myself ~ thats going to be tough...will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hats off to you and your workout buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's very hard to photograph with one hand and hold something with another! That soup looks/sounds incredible. Like everyone else on Earth, I am on a serious pumpkin kick right now! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diet coke is so good! But I have the same problem as you... don't keepit in the house anymore. I miss it, but know that it's at the store if I really want it. :) Great job on getting through the workout. I hope your knee feels better! -Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. your dinner looks absolutely amazing! as does the soup!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...