SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just Keep Going

I have to admit that this weekend was a bit of a train wreck for me. It was unintentional, but it really put me over my weekly points. We went to the Cheesecake Factory while out shopping this weekend. This was planned, and I was fine with using weekly points on their delicious cheesecake. What I didn’t realize was that the meal (a breakfast quesadilla) that I thought seemed pretty healthy was over 2,000 calories. Can you believe that?! That was more than the cheesecake. The good news is that knowing I was going to eat cheesecake, I only ate half of my meal. I also only ate half of the piece of cheesecake. I enjoyed the cheesecake but the meal was not worth it and I never would have eaten it had I known. I did plan ahead, but in the end I decided to order something else… I guess I better stay with what I plan for next time!

So with that confession out of the way, Life Moves On. That’s just another bump in the road for me and I do not feel like I have “failed” in anyway. I think that’s a sign of progress in my mentality.

Now for the good part, hubby and I finally got out there to run that 5k route in town again. This was the route of our very first 5k race in July. It was the PERFECT day today. BEAUTIFUL weather. The sun was shining, the leaves are starting to change into the golds, reds and oranges, and it was a beautiful and scenic run. My knee was hurting from the get go but it subsided a bit. I took it a little easier than I could have otherwise though. We ran the whole thing in 42:44, which is a tad slower than the first time we ran it. I was so happy to have finished!! 3.1 miles to take off of the 25 mile goal, we’re getting there! The best part is that I burned 629 calories. :)

So, the moral of the story is when you fall down, get back up and push even harder.

Don’t Give Up!

6 comments :

  1. I feel you in this post. This has happened to me TWICE this weekend. I'm completely upset about it, but as you say, life moves on. There's no use obsessing over it.

    629 calories is... AMAZING! Go giiiirl :)

    Have a great walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Don't give up! You are doing great and like you said, a little cheesecake is just one bump in the road. What you do all the other meals is what counts! And you're doing fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Alisa!!! We all have hiccups and you'll soon be back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    You are an inspiration to me.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's always tough when you go out to eat. And I can't believe that the breakfast ques. had 2000 calories! Glad to hear you burned so much... you're awesome! -Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am hungry. www.myhealthysushi.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...