SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 29, 2010

Hubby’s Home and Guilt Over Food

I did not sleep well at all last night. This was the first time that I have slept alone in our house! 6 AM came early, but I was kind of glad it did because I was tossing and turning all night.

For breakfast, I had 1/2 slice of homemade toast with PB and a banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 4.5 points.

102910 001

For my first break, I made a green smoothie out of 1 cup of spinach, 1 medium banana, 1 peach and 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt for 4 points. 3 servings of fruits and veggies, how’s that for a super smoothie?

102910 002

It kind of gave me heartburn though- weird!

I was really hungry by lunch time for some reason. I had leftover Sassy Pumpkin soup for 2 points.

102910 005

I also had grilled cheese alla sandwich thin for 2 points.

102910 003

I was craving something sweet, so I had a serving of low fat brownie fudge ice cream for 3 points.

102910 006

This stuff was delicious!

I was craving a little something sweet on my last break, so I had a Laffy Taffy for .5 point.

102910 010

Hubby got home around 3:30- it was so nice to see him! But I still had 1 hour left to work. Sad smile That was one long hour- let me tell you!

102910 011

After I got done working, we headed into the office to pick up my Wii! It was finally in!

Now from here on out I am going to teach you the repercussions of not planning ahead…well I shouldn’t say not planning ahead, because I DID plan ahead, I just didn’t stick to my plan.

We had planned to go to Applebee’s because we had a $10 gift card. The perfect choice, right? I actually chose that over Red Lobster because I knew I could order a WW entrée. Well my plans derailed when we saw the 2 for $20 deal that included an appetizer- and we were STARVING!

So we had the Spinach Artichoke Dip- which I am pretty sure I ate half of. I was repulsed when I looked up the points when I got home. I spent 18 points on half of that dip- I cannot believe that- what is IN that stuff!?

102910 014

And so then I ordered the Fiesta Lime Chicken. Now for this, I felt like I made an ok choice. I immediately scraped off all of the cheese and ate only the chicken breast. I did not eat the rice. I am overestimating this for any leftover cheese that may have been on it, etc, as 10 points.

102910 015

And to top it off, the $10 gift card only had .92 cents on it! We must have used it before and forgot about it!

After that, hubby and I did a little shopping. We got a new monitor for my work computer- so that will be so nice! It’s a wider and bigger screen that should be better on the eyes, too!

Before we went home- we stopped for dessert. We always buy the mini blizzards at Dairy Queen when we go- which isn’t that often! So that’s a change in the right direction- better than getting other sizes. I had the mini fresh silk pie blizzard and scraped off the whipped cream. This was 9 points. Pretty high- but very delicious. Ice cream twice in one day- whew. Better watch that!

102910 016

I am having a hard time with feeling guilty over what I ate. Looking back, I never would have ordered what I did if I had known the points values beforehand. But then again, I don’t want to be attaching feelings, negative or not, to foods. It’s not a good thing to do. Food is food. It is not the enemy and it is not evil. I am not a bad person for eating foods, for one night, that are a little more calorie laden than I should be eating right now. I do not need to feel guilty for overindulging this one night. Or do I? Is it ok to indulge every once in a while? Give me your opinions.

I do know that I will do much better tomorrow. I used some weekly points, but not all of them. So ultimately, I am still on track!

How do you deal with guilty feelings about food?

I want to thank Kristi for the Versatile blogger award- thanks for making me feel special. Smile

9 comments :

  1. I posted about this very thing on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE special!
    So you should feel special!
    And about the points -
    live and learn and don't look back
    except to say "Now I know better!"
    Indulgences happen - they are built in-to life
    Planning for them helps control the whiplash effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the right idea. One night is one night. Enjoy the indulgences every so often, and then move on from it. You shouldn't feel bad at all! Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No guilt allowed!!! You are still within your weekly point range, and hey, what's done is done. You'll be FINE and I bet next week's WI will still be a good one. No looking back, just forward!!!! Enjoy the weekend with Hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow is another day.....don't dwell on what's already done. You were probably just so happy to have your hubby home again! I sure will miss your good cookin'! :) MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indulgences are allowed, it is about not indulging every meal of everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't dwell on a bad day. Today is a new day - make it a healthy one! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say don't feel guilty over it! I think the good part is that you went back & looked up the points. (btw, i LOVE that dip at applebees, can't believe how many points it is!!!) Next time you'll know and make better decisions, learn from what you've been through, right?!?!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel guilty you are doing absolutely amazing. That soup looks delish!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...