SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Downbeat Day

Do you ever just have a feeling that you’re going to gain for the week? You just know by the way that your body feels? That’s how I felt both yesterday and today. I tried my best to fill up on water and eat healthy yesterday, but I just knew I was going to gain.

And I did.

1.6 lbs.

I’m trying to take it with stride. I can always do better. More than likely that weight will be off by tomorrow. This gain won’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

For breakfast, I had oatmeal with PB and banana along with a cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

101310 001

I asked hubby what he wanted for breakfast this morning and was surprised and pleased when he said “banana oats.” So I happily cooked him up the same breakfast as mine! But I had heard him wrong, he actually wanted banana nut cheerios. lol. But he ate them anyway and I think he liked them. ;)

I usually stay up and read some blogs before signing into work, but I was so tired this morning. I went back to sleep for 30 minutes. I felt nice and refreshed but I wish I could have stayed in bed!

I made some tea instead of coffee today. Sipped on this all day.

101310 003

For my first break, I popped up a 100 calorie bag of Jolly time for 1 point.

101310 004

For lunch, I had chicken noodle soup, PB and Jelly and some special K crackers for a total of 7 points.

101310 006

101310 005

101310 007

I guess I was craving comfort food. I finished it off with a No Pudge! brownie for 2 points.

101310 008

I was not having a very good day. I am still feeling worn out and I’m wondering if it’s hormones or something. I just don’t feel myself and I’m craving foods I shouldn’t be eating. Customers are being vicious lately and I even had one that made me bawl after I got off of the phone with them. Some days I just can’t take it. It’s very stressful to have people yelling at you all day long. I love being at home, but I still hate my job. I’ll try to stop whining now. ;)

On my last break, I knew I needed to get in some more fruits/veggies, so I had 1 cup of grapes for 1 point.

101310 009

I was happy when 4:30 rolled around. What a tough day! But I bawled again when hubby got home- all of the stress just releasing, I guess. But he was super comforting and I really appreciate that. I am a lucky girl.

I got right to cooking supper. Another HG recipe! This time it was Mac and Cheese. This was soooo good and I can’t believe it was only 3 points per serving! It was cooked with cauliflower in it, so I got a serving of veggies in that, too. Just insane for the amount that you get. I also had broccoli and a turkey hot dog for a total of 6 points.

101310 012

I had homemade Apple Cider for 2.5 points.

101310 013

Here’s where things went a little overboard. I had a serving of ice cream for 5 points.

101310 014

And then a Pumpkin Muffin for 2 points.

101310 015

I was trying to comfort myself with food. I will admit that.

So I ended up using 2.5 weekly points today. Not too bad. I’m just glad that the hard part of today is over.

I think I’m also starting to stress because hubby is going to have to be gone on business for 4-5 weeks and only be home on weekends. That’s going to be so tough for me. I am going to miss him so much and we both wish he didn’t have to go, but he has a job and they are short on work with the economy right now- so he has to go where there’s business. :(

Sorry for such a downbeat post today! I will try better tomorrow and hope for a better day.

P.S. Like my socks? ;) I love these, they’re so festive! But they’re getting really threadbare! You can see my toe nails through them! lol

101310 011

And on another note- look how long my birthday flowers have lasted- they’re still pretty but starting to droop.

101310 010

I need to try to appreciate the good things in life. All of these little things that get me down sometimes are really nothing. Focus on the positive.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

I don’t know if anyone is still interested- but I said there would be a way to enter the Jolly Time giveaway each day. Leave a comment on the original giveaway post (this link) telling me something that makes you smile and you will earn an extra entry into the giveaway.

11 comments :

  1. Hope your spirits are lifting a bit more.

    I have to say that I adore your socks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy food!!

    I can not stop eating! I think it may be hormones too... my husband is also away on business, and I think I may be looking to food for entertainment...

    Cute socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candy corn socks!

    I've been totally hormonal lately, so you are in good company ;)

    A very yummy day you had! Only using 2.5 of your weeklies is not bad at all! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw hun, sorry you had such a bum day! We all go through those times, don't focus on it & move forward!

    Know that if you ever need to "talk", I'm here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have days/weeks like that. Dont be disheartened and always remember tomorrow is a new day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel frustrated for u as you are tracking and keeping to your points....why a gain!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chin up my blog friend!!!! Just one of those days, which sadly came on a WI day! But you're doing so well....be proud!! And hang in there, I'm sure you'll have better days again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A downbeat isn't always a bad thing - songs can start on a "downbeat!"
    *sigh* keep holding on, eh?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...