SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why I want to Lose Weight

I know that I’ve done this post before, but I feel like it’s important to go back and remember why I want to lose weight. Sometimes in between workouts and counting point or calories, it’s easy to forget those reasons.

  • I want to have a healthy heart. Heart problems run in my family and this is a great reason to try to get healthy.
  • I don’t want to develop diabetes, along with all of it’s complications. I have a few family members who have this also. I’m so scared that maybe I’m pre-diabetic or actually have diabetes. The doctors always want me to get checked out and I never have. I think I’m fearing what the results will be. Maybe I should do it just to find out!
  • I want to be able to have kids someday. My doctor told me, that with my blood pressure, it wouldn’t be a good idea to get pregnant right now. That scares me. While we’re not ready for kids yet, I want them someday! I don’t want to have complications due to my weight problem.
  • I want to develop healthy habits for both my husband and I so that when we do have children, we can teach them healthy habits.
  • I want to be athletic.
  • I want to run a 5k and eventually a 1/2 marathon and a marathon.
  • I want to be able to shop at any store that I want to and not in the Plus sizes! I would love to be able to dress stylishly. I try my best, but sometimes I don’t have all of the options that I will when I’m thin.
  • I want to look amazing. I want to be trim and thin. I want my husband to be proud of me. Not that’s he’s not now, but I always worry!
  • I don’t want to be judged by my weight.
  • I want to be able to run without getting out of breath.
  • I want to lead by example. I have family members who don’t have very healthy habits. I care about them and don’t want them to have health problems.

I think I could go on and on. But these are good reminders to me for why I want to lose weight and get healthy. What are your reasons?

7 comments :

  1. My suggesting...and only a suggestion.
    Stop saying you WANT as you will continue wanting...start saying I am going to be healthy, I am going to have children because I am taking care of myself, my health.
    I am making changing - I am willing to change.

    I've learned so much lately about self talk...and have to stop myself so often as the way I say it is not positive...

    Wanting means - you keep wanting..
    Hope this makes some sense to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list sounds a lot like yours (except the kids LOL).

    You can do it - look how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely doing this because i need to be healthy (i'm not a spring chicken any more)
    I'm also doing it so that i can wear the clothes i have and feel great in them. Not having to wear a baggy top to hide my muffin!!
    And many more but those are the main ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want my THIN clothes to fit again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to live longer and be a good model for my children. With being healthy all your other wants will likely come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list! I've actually printed out my list and taped it to my bedroom mirror so I can review it at least twice a day. I have much of the same goals as you do - to be a good example for my kids, to influence my family, to be a hot mom (!), to wear the clothes I want to wear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think making lists is a great way to stay on track. You can come back to this post anytime you need affirmation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...