SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weigh in Day

The last few days have a been a little off for me. Monday, I went to work and school and by the time I left school we were in a blizzard. It was the most stressful drive I have ever had. Completely white out conditions, I about cried. I was so scared! So I got home with a really bad headache. I wish I could say that I ate a healthy snack, but I proceeded to just snack on whatever I wanted. I don’t remember the last time I did that. I lost count of my points after that.

Tuesday was back on track and everything went smoothly until I got off of work. I had a message from my husband that he was so sick he didn’t think he could drive home. So I drove 1 hr to go pick him up. He was throwing up and had diarrhea, along with pain in his stomach. I’ve never seen him so sick before. He had blood in his stool, so I called the Ask a Nurse to see what we should do and she said he should be seen that night. So we headed off to the ER. They gave him fluids, morphine, and did lots of tests. Everything turned out to be fine but he has a bad case of the stomach flu. I’m glad that we went though, just knowing that everything was ok. We didn’t get home and to bed until after 2 AM. There was no way I could be up at 4:30 AM and go to work and school. So I called in to work and explained everything. I got some sleep and then got up and went to school. My eating has been on track today. I actually haven’t eaten very much because my stomach doesn’t feel quite right either. But I never get the stomach flu, so I’m not worried about it.

So…all of that into consideration, I lost .6 lb this week. I wasn’t thrilled, but was happy to at least have seen a loss.

I weighed in at work yesterday for the challenge and that was depressing!! I weighed 10.2 lbs. more on that scale than I did at home on my scale the same morning! How is that possible? I know I was fully clothed, had drank 6 cups of water and eaten breakfast…but STILL! Let’s hope it was a false reading and I’ll have a huge loss next week! haha

So that’s what’s going on with me. Just trying to make it through the week!

7 comments :

  1. I am sorry you are having a stressful time right now. I will pray better days for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad for your guy!! hope you don't get that nasty-ness!!

    and don't worry too much about the scale at work. scales can vary a LOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT worry about that work scale. Seriously. Hope the stress lessens for you. :) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your hubs is gong to be o.k! Any loss during a week like that is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no you have had a hard time lately...driving in that blizzard must have been so stressful...I never leave home when it snows as its stressful enough, so hats off to you for coping so well.

    I feel for hubby, nothing worse that stomach flu, dehydrates one so quickly. Am happy to read he is okay as blood in the stool is not normal.

    I would not worry about that scale - keep to your scale at home as that sure does not sound right to me....impossible to pick up 10lbs just from what you drank and ate.

    Keep going...you doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope he feels better soon
    thats very scary when someone is that sick

    sounds like your doing good though

    if you had clothes on thats like 4 pounds
    and then if you drank alot before thats a nother 2 or 3

    but every scale is different
    so dont worry about that

    it was probably later in the day too right so thats a couple pounds right there your always heavier a little while after you wake up

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your week started out so rough. I hope things get better for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...