SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day Back at School

I am so happy about the way that today went.

The day started off sketchy when I made the decision last night to get an extra half hour of sleep and not get up in the morning for my c25k workout, promising my husband that I would workout when I got home from school… I know, very dangerous choice. Keep in mind, I wake up at 4:30 am to workout, so sometimes that extra half hour sounds really nice.

For breakfast, I had oatmeal w/ fresh blueberries- Love this combination! I also had a banana and a glass of milk. I headed off to work from 7-11. That went smooth and not stressful at all- FOR ONCE! While I was there, I had a snack of another banana. After that, I headed off to school. I ate lunch in the car. I made a PB and J sandwich, I had pita chips, and sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding. I headed into school from 12-1:50. On my way home, I had 1 small clementine and a small apple. I was starving by the time class got out, so I was happy to have these snacks handy.

All of the way home I contemplated whether or not I would run. I had a headache, my shoulders were so tight from the tension and nerves at school. I was exhausted. I kept saying, “no…I’m not going to do it.” Knowing that my husband was going to be disappointed in me and most importantly I would be disappointed in myself. And then I got almost home, and the sun popped out from under the clouds, *hear the Hallelujah chorus* and I thought, I can do this! I looked around and thought, “I really want to run outside.” But I quickly remember my near slip on the ice walking to class and decided that probably wasn’t the best choice. So I got home and thought to myself, do I really want to do this? I sat down, checked my email. Got up, and got dressed in my power pink shorts, pink sports bra and tank top, and hooked up my pink heart rate monitor and pink iPod. (No joke on all the pink…lol…when I write this it sounds like too much, but it really isn’t!). I felt sexy in my pink workout outfit. I ran the c25k and no matter how hard it got, I ran each segment at 5 mph and I’m so happy with myself for doing it. I haven’t run since Christmas Eve. Feels so good to be back at it!!

I will finish the night out just as healthfully!! How could I mess up such a perfect day?!

8 comments :

  1. Great job running. 5mph can be kinda fast...I still don't run at that pace and I've been running since May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling the same way about exercising today! I got on here to read people's blogs to motivate me. Thanks for posting that! Good for you for doing it even when you didn't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your day. Mine was blah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good day! I think it's a great thing that you have snacks on hand - so smart! Keeps us all out of the McDonald's drive thru!

    Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check that fat free, sugar free pudding for Aspartame - so not worth having it in your diet if its there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job
    it really does feel better to workout then not to it gives you an added boost to your day

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go pink lady! Exercising is always better. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...