SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Little Victories!



Yesterday was a little more of a challenge. I was hungry all day and was really craving sweets.

I actually broke down and baked a cake mix and whipped up a little frosting. I was feeling really guilty about it but continued to tell myself what I recently learned in my Beat Binge Eating program.

There is nothing wrong with a small sweet treat.

I ate one piece and felt satisfied, yet there was something about that feeling of "cheating" that started to get to me. I wanted to go back into the kitchen and have more.

I stood at the stove and looked at the cake. I had a silent conversation with myself and asked, "If this cake were unlimited and I could eat it whenever I wanted to without any guilt, would I still want another piece?" The answer was no.

And so that was it! I only ate one piece and I felt very satisfied! The sweets craving went away and I continued on with my evening.

That's a HUGE triumph for me!

I admit, I am still battling those thoughts of the "all or nothing" mentality. I keep telling myself that it takes little steps and consistency.

Someone commented the other day about my eating habits and deeper issues. You mentioned that maybe I needed to let go of the shakes.

Deep down, I know you are right. I keep fighting it, hoping for different results. I have friendships intertwined with this program and that makes it a little tougher to try to let go of. Although, I don't want to let go of it 100% because I do believe it makes me feel better. I just have to make it my own, and that's what I'm trying to do!

So like you said, I shouldn't feel guilty for eating a salad with a shake. If that's what helps keep me on track to healthier living-- that's perfectly ok!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...