SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Greatest Love

I try to put my best self out there. I try to be the person that I want to be and should be. I try to do the things that I should do.

I am genuine. I cannot be otherwise. You could say that I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I’m also prone to bottle it all up inside until the pressure is unbearable.

Because of this, I’m often the silent person. And I’m usually the most silent when I am struggling to be the right person, to do the right thing, and to say the right words.

In my outward silence, I try to make the sun shine on peaceful shores, but inside the dark clouds are rolling and the waves a crashing forcefully against my heart. And my silence is most likely heard, even though I don’t want it to be.

And when you and I are alone, you’re often the shore where the waves come crashing in. The storm rages and the salty rain pours and you stay strong. I can see you flexing and bending with the wind like a palm tree in the midst of a hurricane, but you don’t break. You’re strong for me because I am already broken. And with your quiet strength, you carry me through.

And when the storm has passed I am broken still. When the calm has settled, you pick up each and every fragmented piece and you put me back together again as if you were a potter and I, your most treasured work.

In your strength and your patience, when I am least deserving, you show me how you see me and how that has never changed and that it never will. And I, filled with immense gratitude, am made aware that this is the greatest Love I have ever known and will ever know.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! I thought I wrote this for a moment though I am not take good of a writer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...