SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 4th of July (a little late!)

IMG_20130703_213853

I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July! My vacation fun started on Wednesday evening and just ended today. It was a busy time with lots of fun filled activities! I will be sure to share some of them this week.

On the 4th, hubby and I participated in our fourth 4th of July 5K. This is always an anniversary, in a sense, because this race was the very first 5K we ever participated in.

Throughout the four years, I have walked/run, set PRs, and overcome obstacles. This year was one of those walk/run years. I am hoping that by next year I will be in a better place and I can finish with a greater sense of accomplishment. This year, I was just happy to be lapping the people on the couch and to have finished.

IMG_20130704_091518

Next year will be our fifth anniversary of our first 5K. I will make it my goal to be proud of where I am so that I can look back on the previous years and see progress, not disappointment.

3 comments :

  1. You are so awesome for participating in the 5k even though you weren't at the level you want to be or maybe even once were. You could've used that as an excuse and said "next year" without participating this year. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is totally cool you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on finishing! I planned on a 5k with friends but ended up going out of town...I was glad they still did it without me, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...