SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fishing

It seems like every summer hubby and I make a list of the fun things we’d like to do while the weather is nice. Many times we don’t actually accomplish all of them, but make our way through what we have time for. We took care of a couple of items over the long holiday weekend!

My younger brother came to stay with us Wednesday night through Sunday. He doesn’t get to come out very often because of work, so we made the best of the time that we had and it was jam packed with fun.

Hubby and I always seem to have fishing on our summer fun list and we never actually go fishing. In fact, the last time we went fishing was when we were dating and we’ve been married for almost 7 years!

So hubby, my brother, and I headed out for a short fishing trip at a local park. We only had two poles and one of them broke half way through the day, but it worked out!

I really enjoyed the peacefulness of being outside with hardly anyone around. It was a beautiful day. I took some pictures, as usual! Due to recent flooding, the water looks kind of disgusting around the shore.

July4Weekend 009

But the good news was that there was a slab of concrete with a bench and while the concrete was covered with water, the bench was not. It made for a nice and cool place to fish and get our feet a little wet.

July4Weekend 008

July4Weekend 013

Beautiful scenery!

July4Weekend 016

July4Weekend 019

July4Weekend 005

July4Weekend 002

July4Weekend 007

We didn’t catch any fish—but we did break a fishing line with a bobber attached. We saw the bobber disappear and a fish flop around on the water. Too bad for that fish!

I now have a 1-year fishing license so hubby and I hope to go fishing again this summer! It will be a nice weekend date. Smile

5 comments :

  1. My poor kids have ALWAYS wanted to go fishing but have never been. My oldest is gonna be 10 in September! I'm glad we're not the only slackers on accomplishing fishing. :) Looks so cool with that bench in the water. I bet you had an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fishing is fun...sometimes LOL i really have to be in the mood for it, Ill admit, but I know hubs likes it, so I should do it more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are beautiful! I haven't gone fishing since I was about 8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....I think I know that bench....honest! Just off of 218?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh....I think I know that bench....honest! Just off of 218?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...